Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is hilarious these days. It seems like if you want instant success as a female artist, all you have to do is sing lyrics that suggest you are a complete skank. Case in point, Katie Perry with that dumb "I kissed a girl and I liked it" song, and this dumb new song by lady Gaga:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMJvVdS1go

"I want to take a ride on your disco stick" ;D;D;D

my question is how much longer do we have to wait until these girls start singing lyrics like "put it in my butt, then in my mouth"?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
You're right, the song What what, in my butt would have been received better had the artist been female. :p

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
So, a chick who kisses another chick and likes it is a "complete skank"?

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you pay attention to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" song it's pretty suggestive too. And Brittany Spears' "If You Seek Amy" song..."All the boys and all the girls are begging to F ~ U ~ C ~ K ~ Me."

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
It's 50% business, and 50% knowledge of the industry. The rest is talent.
But Mike, if 50% is business and 50% is knowledge of the industry...then where does the talent...I...um...

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You people do understand that in "pop" music, the pop is short for popular. This "music" is made for one reason, to be popular. The more popular it is, the more money you make. Plain and simple. It's 50% business, and 50% knowledge of the industry. The rest is talent.
be that as it may, I still want to hear a pop artist sing about derriere to mouth fellatio. (although in a coy and suggestive fashion)

·
Registered
920 Posts
If you people are listening to the lyrics, then you're seriously over-thinking things.

Listening to pop music is a process.

Step one of that process is to under-think things. Everything else will fall into place.

Anyone having difficulty with the under-thinking can brush up on their under-thinking skills by watching some reality TV. That way, you won't just have the nonsense resonating in your ears turning your brain to mush....you'll have some visuals to help you along as well.

;)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
If you people are listening to the lyrics, then you're seriously over-thinking things.

Anyone having difficulty with the under-thinking can brush up on their under-thinking skills by watching some reality TV. That way, you won't just have the nonsense resonating in your ears turning your brain to mush....you'll have some visuals to help you along as well.

;)
Maybe this is why I watch Mythbusters, Time Warp, etc...cause everything else causes me to get dumber?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I do agree that people pay attention to lyrics too much. But IMO, songs should be written for a reason. To relay some kind of artistic view on whatever the artist is thinking of. Whether it be "I had a good day today", "I hate my life and want to kill myself", or "I hate the current administration and everything it stands for".

However, there are many songs, which I like the sound of, chords, rythem, etc., where I'll just tune the lyrics out. I respect the artists view enough to not get caught up too much in whatever twisted political or person view they have on something. One of the reasons I still listen to Metallica, Green Day, and Breaking Benjamin.

What I DON'T respect, is "artists" who give themselves some stupid f-cking name like "Lady GaGa", don't write their own lyrics or music, and are nothing more than a pretty face with a microphone.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts