Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the instructions I posted here some time back, I'm finally getting around to getting rid of that gawdawful bedliner paint "job"...

Red Duplicolor primer. I'll start laying paint tomorrow.

I'm also repairing some cracks on the front fender of the GSX-R swap I'm doing. I'll post pics on how I'm doing that in another thread.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I never thought I would see the day.... well done Brad, hope it turns out good for yeah.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have been using this flat grey I really dig. The flat red is tits though.

I bet he is going white with orange footpegs.

Nah, Mike already has that claimed.

I'm going with the emerald green because I've only seen one other SV like it. That girl from Germany; her bike reminds me of a dragon or a lizard. It looks organic and alive. I think she got SVotM right after she joined.

I also didn't want to go with a color that came OEM. I wanted something that stood out as different. Now watch, halfway into '09 Suzuki will come out with a green metal flake limited edition model. Just my luck.

Originally was gonna go with burnt orange, like one of the colors that the 350Z comes in, but I can't find it in a rattle can. I've always loved dark green, so it was a very close second.

Jeff--Kinda like that, but darker. Almost a forest green.

Knowing jbs and his sense of contrary, I'll go out on a limb and say it'll match his pants.

Nope. The blue/purple/fagala color on the pants are gonna be dyed black as soon as I get around to buying some leather dye.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
so, you ride a girl's bike - check
you wear girls leather pants - check
painting your bike to match what a girl in germany did to hers - check

oh boy;D

:hiding2:

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So darker than Jeff's pic and lighter than Northie's I'm going to guess. That ought to look pretty cool. How hard was is stripping the bedliner off?
I bought new rear body work from eBay. I'll just toss the bed liner painted bits that I have now or give them to somebody if they want to use them on their track bike.

I haven't stripped the tank yet, but when I do, I'll use a chemical stripper. I originally stripped it with an air grinder. That took friggin' forever.

What bits are purple? If they are overlaid graphics, could you just unstitch them instead of dying them?
No, the lower legs of the pants are a purplish blue. I'm just gonna treat them with leather dye. You can see them here.

Why did you primer over the rubber mounts on the tail? They do come out.
Laziness. I'll pull them off before I start to paint.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.