Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a long lunch hour and went to a tax-day TEA Party protest rally at the Tennessee State Capitol. Guess I'm officially one of those right-wing extremists the new regime is worried about. ;D

Here's some photos:

There were a lot of signs expressing anger and frustration at Washington, but everyone there was unfailingly friendly and polite.

TEA Party protests were held all across the U.S. for tax day. Any other SV Riders take to the streets?

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Ya bunch of radicals.

No tea party for me, I was busy bailing out the banks by being a productive citizen and working overtime at a higher tax bracket. :p

·
Registered
522 Posts
And that kid in pic 7 owes $195k in back taxes? Dang.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
It amazes me that there is such anger and resentment with this administration after all of 3.5 months.

I've got news for you, you've got 44.5 more months to go.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Well, for me, the anger and resentment has little to do with whatever figurehead is in office at the moment. It's the entire culture and mindset of those who make their career in Washington, telling us how we should live our lives.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I was hoping these pictures would have people dressed up as Indians so that we could blame the whole thing on the natives.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Politics are dangerous to talk about, it shows you how intelligent and informed the people are around you. Would you have voted for Bush again if the race was him vs. Obama? I work with people that would've, and finding that out made me sick. I really hope Obama brings the forward thinking to Washington that is so badly needed.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I was at the one in Cleveland today. It was a good experience and a good message. Most important to remember is this country is yours not the governments. It is they who work for us not Us who work for them! Get out there and do something about it. Talk to people, write you congressmen, senators and president. I even provided you a picture with the phone # to the Capital. Call them up and let them know it's not just them watching you it's you watch them.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts