Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Awesome bike. If only they'd make a Speed 1.5version of it. They couldn't very well call it a Speed Triple, but I'd love to see a smaller displacement version of the S3.

Pokey, what do you think about the S4? I never saw you post up any report or anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
I was really excited about it as well, but then I say that it wasn't going to be naked, so I'm not so excited now... :(
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
zoltan said:
I was really excited about it as well, but then I say that it wasn't going to be naked, so I'm not so excited now... :(
Ditto..maybe year two? Which may not be a bad thing, if they shake out most of the bugs with the sportbike version that's be OK.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
OMG!!!! I JUST GOOED MY PANTIES!!!!! haha. that thing is swwwweeeeeettttttt! haha nice bike tho...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
That is obviously a photoshop. There are parts from many other makes photoshopped into that picture, espeically Honda (CBR1000RR rearsets and tail end).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
That is obviously a photoshop. There are parts from many other makes photoshopped into that picture, espeically Honda (CBR1000RR rearsets and tail end).
that picture was in other places too, like an online motorcycle magazine too http://www.motorcycle.com/, i believe the pic to be real it was in cycleworld too, it could be triumph trying to trick us too
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
thejimdaddy said:
that picture was in other places too, like an online motorcycle magazine too http://www.motorcycle.com/, i believe the pic to be real it was in cycleworld too, it could be triumph trying to trick us too
Many magaizines have their own digital artists that crank out renditions of what they think upcoming models will look like.

you don't listen do you :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
you don't listen do you :roll:
Maybe you can't read old man?

If that's what it looks like when it hits production, I'll be surprised. You can easily see all of the Honda and Kawasaki influence in the styling. There is very little unique Triumph styling in that design. Being a smaller company, you'd think they'd stick with their unique look.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
thejimdaddy said:
you don't listen do you :roll:
Maybe you can't read old man?

If that's what it looks like when it hits production, I'll be surprised. You can easily see all of the Honda and Kawasaki influence in the styling. There is very little unique Triumph styling in that design. Being a smaller company, you'd think they'd stick with their unique look.

STFU, i've been following the rumors about the 650 and the 680 daytona's for about two years now, you argue about things when you have no clue about anything, the pic is a rendition of a spy pic they spotted, it could be differant bodywork to throw people off, most companies (triumph) hire a styling studio to give a basic design, the studio's also work with the japanese companies too, a design like that is not overnight, it is probably two or thhree years old, if that is the new body style

what i'm hoping for is the daytona 600/650 body with a 680 triple, i'll pay for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Who F'ing cares? This is so not worth argueing over. We won't know what the bike looks like till Triumph shows us. So we should all bite our tongues. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
What's a matter JimDaddy? Grow up, it's the internet and this ain't the open forum.

If you can't see the Honda and Kawasaki elements in the picture, then maybe you're blind. It'd certainly back up my claim that you can't read. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Aw c'mon guys... play nice. :wink:

As for the bike... I hope the looks ARE a disguise - because it looks like just another "me too" fully faired sportbike to me. I'm sure the goodies underneath are very nice though. Make mine naked.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
What's a matter JimDaddy? Grow up, it's the internet and this ain't the open forum.

If you can't see the Honda and Kawasaki elements in the picture, then maybe you're blind. It'd certainly back up my claim that you can't read. :wink:
the tail looks more R6 to me, the fuel tank is triumph, and the front does have a kawi influence, the body work is alot more angular than the jap bikes, more like the daytona 600/650 which is very stealth fightery

and this should be in the open forum, it isn't sv related :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Just to demonstrate, take a look at these photos:



Take a look at the rear fenders in the photo above. They are EXACTLY the same. The tail section has the same lines as the new GSX-R1000. I didn't take the time to photo shop them, but if I had, you'd see they are extremely similar.




It's not hard to see that the front wheels, brakes, and forks look exactly the same. Some minor tweaking to the Kawasaki front end leaves the bike looking like a Kawasaki that got beat with a Triumph stick.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top