Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
You could try this stuff.

It gets out stains that have no business coming out of clothes. The only local place that we have found it is at Babies R Us.

And you might want to use a washer at a laundromat. In case the gas smell get planted into the washer.

·
Registered
447 Posts
you could try a mixture of vinegar and baking soda

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
The stuff that can be washed, wash it, use lots of detergent, then wash it again with none to make sure you got it all out. Beyond that, idk, fabreeze?

A big +1 to oxy-clean. We have some in powder form, I could give you a little baggie of it (if you're caught with it, you didn't get it from me) and you could mix it with water in a spray bottle when you get home.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Matches and/or lighter. It gets the gasoline off soaked spark plugs ;D

Send that letter. I dare you.

Lightly diluted dishsoap, scrub, air dry.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've always just washed the hell out of it. Lot's of soap. Also, that suggestion to use a laundromat is not a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
the odour will go away eventually....so you're a little baked when riding to work...what's the problem?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Matches and/or lighter. It gets the gasoline off soaked spark plugs ;D

Send that letter. I dare you.

Lightly diluted dishsoap, scrub, air dry.
Not a letter. Think box. With holes. And something that hasn't eaten for 5 days and has been repeatedly poked with a hammer. It rymes with "bolverine".

the odour will go away eventually....so you're a little baked when riding to work...what's the problem?
Well, the gear has been sitting outside all day, and it hasn't gotten any better. It needs to be washed out somehow.

I found out who the 2 people were at work who were complaining. One said she was feeling dizzy. :rolleyes: B-tch, I was sitting NEXT to the stuff, and wasn't dizzy. Whiny c---. Other person who complained is just a douche.

Boss gave me a ride home. Reason number 139 why he's the best boss I've ever had.

My gear is outside, still "airing" out. I'll wash it tonight. It's textile... Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket and First Gear HTII pants.

My problem now is my boots. THEY REAK. They took the brunt of the leak, along with my belly pan, which must now be re-painted. :Banghead: Anyway, they're leather and waterproof... so they can't get wet. :p I'm guessing I can hand wash them with the above solution mentioned. The detergent I use for washing clothes has baking soda in it, so it should work well. I don't use foofy smelling detergent. I don't have a giner.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Mike, the TM jacket can definitely be washed. Mine has been washed several times to remove bug goo & B.O. from summer riding. Follow the instructions on the tag. Cold water, gentle cycle, IIRC. Add a few ounces of Febreze to the wash water. No problem.

Don't know about the pants... look for the tag & see what it says. Probably can launder them the same.

Oh yeah. (duh) Make sure to remove the CE armore from the jacket 1st. The back & shoulders are easy... the elbows can be a beeotch. ;)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Not a letter. Think box. With holes. And something that hasn't eaten for 5 days and has been repeatedly poked with a hammer. It rymes with "bolverine".
is it a cat by any chance? :D

My problem now is my boots. THEY REAK. They took the brunt of the leak, along with my belly pan, which must now be re-painted. :Banghead: Anyway, they're leather and waterproof... so they can't get wet. :p I'm guessing I can hand wash them with the above solution mentioned. The detergent I use for washing clothes has baking soda in it, so it should work well. I don't use foofy smelling detergent. I don't have a giner.
why can't water proof boots get wet? If they were water proof and the leak was on the outside, the only thing you would need to do is scrub the outsides and rinse them off. ???

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I swallowed a small amount of gas once as a teenager attempting to siphon gas from the car for the lawn mower. I was burping gas fumes for about a day afterwards. It was nasty.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Do it. I DARE you. Ever consider what I could do with a..."bolverine"...I'll even name it Captain Stueben.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts