Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I successfully retained my title of "cool dad" by successfully repairing a broken "Force sensing color change lightsaber" Now, I hope he remembers this when I take the car keys for a bad test score 10 years from now... ;D

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Not yet, I'll wait until i can try to jump it. It's either battery (only 3 months old) or starter. Last driven 3 days ago, nothing left on, no starter noise at all but I have power to everything else. This is the second starter already in the truck.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Not yet, I'll wait until i can try to jump it. It's either battery (only 3 months old) or starter. Last driven 3 days ago, nothing left on, no starter noise at all but I have power to everything else. This is the second starter already in the truck.

wack the starter with a hammer, seriously

i have the weekly job of glueing wrestler action figures toghether :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Nice work. I had to fix a broken Nintendo DS the other day - she was thrilled since she bought it with her own money.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Now, I hope he remembers this when I take the car keys for a bad test score 10 years from now... ;D
Chastising the boy for slacking off in school is understandable, but if you ever walk out in the morning and see his car looking like this (in 10+ yrs or so :thumbsup:) don't take his wheels...

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Awesome Shaun. Even if he remembers he will be a teenager and still get super pizzed you took his car away :).

Ranger, Jim's suggestion of hitting it with a hammer is valid. I have had starter's "stick". Also if it has a seperate starter selenoid you can cross the posts with two screw drivers. If it cranks it's the selenoid. I know on older Ford's anyway the selenoid was up on the fender well and not on the starter, times have changed though.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
You rock.

Now can you fix my truck, it won't start.
Here's what you do. Take that hammer, put your hand on the starter, and whack your thumb as hard as you can. Get out from under the truck, swear a LOT. I can't stress that part enough. Swear like you've never sworn before.

Then throw the hammer over the house with your remaining, non-bleeding hand, of course, since you're so infuruated, you'll miss and put the hammer right through the window next to the front door.

Kick the truck a few times for good measure.

If that doesn't work, set the **** thing on fire and collect the insurance.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I got to see my daughter in her first school performance on Friday night. Her class, along with the preschoolers and first graders did an Easter musical. It was very simple, more yelling than singing, but man, it was awesome to watch. That little girl is growing too quickly.

And even better...The ex wasn't there to deal with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts