Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World of Warcraft

So for those of you who PLAY plooter games, some have certainly come across WoW. Who here plays, and on what server?

I'm JUST bloody curious. Call me a WoW freak if you want but I haven't even played in 3 months. :mad:

No WoW flamers please, if you don't like the game, don't talk about it. ;D

So?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
please explain said game... I know not what you speak of???

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see above, world of warcraft

·
Registered
543 Posts
**** it... been out of the game for about six months now but I stopped with a 70 gnome warlock, 68 human rogue, 58 horde warrior, and a bunch of lvl 20-30 alts. My warlock was fully kitted out in T4+ gear.

I've played mostly on Laughing Skull and Draka. And I even killed a few mobs with Leeroy (Leeeeroy JEEEEEENKINS) back in the pre-expansion days.

It's a fun game but it can really consume all of your spare time. When it started feeling like a second job to me is when I quit.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I kinda have playing sprees. I'll play A LOT for a couple days then not play for a month or more. The sub is awfully expensive for that kind of playing but it is a lot of fun. I have toons on sargeras and daggerspine. My main is only 48, and none of my alts have even hit 20 yet. That's after most of a year of intermittent playing. My cousin play WoW but he went through a pretty bad phase... Quit his job stopped going to school just played WoW. I'll never do that, it's not THAT good of a game to me. He's shaped up since then but he still plays pretty heavily. Anyone else play?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've been playing for about 2 years, when some co-workers overseas introduced me to it (one was a genuine addict).

Took a break for 6 months and started back up again. I'm on Wyrmrest Accord with my main on Garona (80 tankadin).

I used to make fun of those who played...but there's all types of people who play the game. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know. I think WoW addicts are just like anyone else. I know more NON WoW players that are OBSESSED with watching TV than WoW players that waste away their lives with it. I'ma go play now :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roger that on the allies, I play horde on sargeras

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
I pretty much quit playing. I even deleted it off one of my computers (not both). I figured that I had too many hobbies and not enough money. I got a couple guys in the 50's and several in the 20's. When I get more time (like my next reserve trip to Utah) I might get back on.

For the time being the GF, SV, camera, bicycle, PS3, Wii, Aces High II, and job will have to keep me busy.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Played it for about 45 minutes one time, got to level 20 and logged out, have'nt been back on in about two years. Too cartoony, too easy, too many kids.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear a LOT of people say they have gotten to "level 20 in 45 mins" and other ridiculous claims. Such a load of BS. It doesn't matter how easy the game is, thats not possible unless you're hacking or on triple xp (even then it might be hard)

The kid problem isnt that bad ESPECIALLY if you play horde. i hardly notice it. just find a guild with mature members and only play with them.

Too cartoony? well, that's personal preference.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Roflcakes

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You wowsers remember that chick that whored herself out to some guy about two years ago for the gold to buy herself an epic flying mount? I can't remember how much it was exactly but I know this dude spent something like $5500 to sleep with a well below average chick lol. It was the talk of every game forum I visited back then lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I never played WoW, but I played Everquest from shortly after launch, up until Vanguard came out, played that regularly up until last July or so. I have/had a couple of close friends from the service that played. It gave us a good way to keep in touch. I knew plenty of folks that became completely addicted to EQ, myself included. A few were obsessed to the point of losing jobs and families over it. Its fun, you have to keep a realistic perspective.

On a positive note, I met a few of the folks that I gamed with, and they turned out to be pretty good friends, in and out of the game. I might give WoW a shot sometime when I get bored.

Dan

_______

·
Registered
667 Posts
I never got into WOW, Played AC2 when it came out then made the switch to DAOC and hit Lv50 when it was Max. Stopped playing when it started consuming every non working minute. I had several times when I stayed at the computer for more than 24 hours, and was playing multiple players on multiple computers (once I had 6 going at one time), Both my roomates played, and so did the 4 guys in the apt nextdoor.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I never played WoW, but I played Everquest from shortly after launch, up until Vanguard came out, played that regularly up until last July or so. I have/had a couple of close friends from the service that played. It gave us a good way to keep in touch. I knew plenty of folks that became completely addicted to EQ, myself included. A few were obsessed to the point of losing jobs and families over it. Its fun, you have to keep a realistic perspective.

On a positive note, I met a few of the folks that I gamed with, and they turned out to be pretty good friends, in and out of the game. I might give WoW a shot sometime when I get bored.

Dan

_______

I still play VG sometimes, On seradon now....Answer me honestly, would you rather play Vangaurd at launch at 3fps with no working quests and animals existing only in rocks and walls? or do you prefer it now?

I liked it better at launch myself, no matter how fubared it was lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts