I think they want to keep the monster the same. It's a cult classic. I don't agree with it.fafaforza said:To be honest, compared to Triumph's Speed Triple and the XB12S Buells, the Monsters look pretty plain. Time for Duc to update their nakeds methinks.
i noticed the broken lever and said to my fiance "someone dumped this thing on the carpet"DownNeck said:things i learned at the ny show:
1) 2007 cbr600rr is LIGHT. like...unearthly light. absurdly balanced (at least while standing still) and pretty comfy for such a tiny bike. i'm really considering making this my next bike.
2) the victory vision touring bike is freakin huge. it's less comfy than the goldwing, heavier, and certainly less reliable, but the styling is even cooler in person once you get past the vast scale of the thing
3) harleys are heavy. that is all. (so are the victorys, actually). all the metric cruisers felt a zillion times lighter and more comfortable than anything by harley or victory. they're definitely pretty though
4) the royal enfield 500 clubman gt is extra extra sexy up close, it's now competing with the cbr600rr
5) the folks at mv agusta are the nicest people on earth. my girl was trying out the f4-1000 when she overbalanced, dumped it and broke the brake lever. we felt terrible and offered to pay for it, but they wouldn't hear of it. she was really embarassed and felt terrible, of course, i tried to cheer her up by telling her how jealous i was of her...not everyone gets to dump a $24,000 bike wthout having to fix it afterwards ;P
6) rossi's M1 is pure sex on two wheels. never having made it to a race before, this was the first chance i got to see the bike up close and...wow. cf rotors mmMMmm
Don't talk sh!t about my kid's jacket just because you want the same one and can't get it. And it was baby wipes that the sales guy was following us around with, not TP.03svrider said:also! i saw some fifth ave type guy with his kid walking around the $125,000 mv augusta in thier closed off area. his kid had some type of preworn motorcycle jacket that probably cost like two grand alone and the salesman was following behind them with a roll of toilet paper to wipe thier a$$e$. imagine what the commission on THAT sale would be!
Screw that...i pointed them out to Funkdaddy and GF and mentioned that I should have brought my other camera so I could have snapped a quick picture.DougZ said:MUdd: I saw the same chicks...tried looking with out g/f seeing...not so easy. LOL
LOL..your girl was cute....I wouldn't mess it up with her...God only knows what she sees in you. ;DMuddturtle3 said:Screw that...i pointed them out to Funkdaddy and GF and mentioned that I should have brought my other camera so I could have snapped a quick picture.
She gave me a look of disgust but she got over it. :thumbsup: