Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1040 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
GWTDT was great!

(swedish version).
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is not the end of the story. If you liked that movie, you must see The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Both are available on DVD, dubbed and with subtitles.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I loved those books but refused to watch the Swedish versions of the movies because I HATE reading subtitles through a movie. It is so obnoxious.

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
Reviving this Zombie Thread...

After reading all sorts of glowing reviews on how this is such a magical, inspirational movie about a group of fiercely independent people overcoming adversity, we watched this the other night:

Maybe I'm completely missing the point, but this movie seems to glorify people who are fiercely independent of culture, ambition, and sense, and who overcome things like responsibility to their children by living in filth and squalor in a state of continual drunkenness. This is passed off as "art" by the director throwing in some allegory and a subtext about global warming. Quvenzhane Wallis is remarkably talented, but she's wasted in this piece of pretentiousness. The trailer completely misrepresents the film. The bulk of the story involves a child named "Hushpuppy", being neglected and abused by her father in the name of "pride". The only thing magical about this film is that the majority of the characters don't die of dysentery or cholera or cirrhosis. At least, that's what I got out of it.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
^^^ IDK, did not see it. OTOH, my daughter (20) did and she liked it. The fact that she is a film major, lover of zombie movies, and has read the book, might have influenced her, though. Seems like it's in the quirky/funny zombie genre, like Shaun of the Dead.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
^^^ IDK, did not see it. OTOH, my daughter (20) did and she liked it. The fact that she is a film major, lover of zombie movies, and has read the book, might have influenced her, though. Seems like it's in the quirky/funny zombie genre, like Shaun of the Dead.
Saw it, had plenty of funny bits. More of a date movie that the guy can easily sit through.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
We actually went to see 21 and over when it came out. Expected another typical Hangover knock off. It was actually really good. If you are looking for a fun evening of laughs I recommend it.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Skyfall was really good.
We really liked the Billy Crystal Movie "Parental Guidance".
The Dredd remake was just OK
New Bourne was blah. Wished I read the review here before I rented (my boy loved it)

Still waiting for the Jack Reacher movie on DVD. Been a fan of the books so I want to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Juan of the dead is a Cuban spinoff of Shaun of the dead, in Spanish, takes place in Havana and it ridicules communism and hilariously f**ked up at the same time. Unfortunately non Spanish speakers will not get most of the humor that is lost in translation but the movie is quite funny and filmed very well. It's got great reviews on rotten tomatoes if that means anything to you (doesn't to me) but people tend to use that as a base for movie ratings.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Saw Oz last weekend. While I won't insult anybody by suggesting it was as good as the original, it was respectful and a better addition to the franchise than most of the animated sequels and worlds better than that sci-fi mini series they did a few years ago.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: Re: The official Movie Recommendation/Disapproval thread

Saw Oz last weekend. While I won't insult anybody by suggesting it was as good as the original, it was respectful and a better addition to the franchise than most of the animated sequels and worlds better than that sci-fi mini series they did a few years ago.
That's good to know. At least I'll be somewhat prepared when we see it this weekend. Nothing else out seems really good :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have to admit that I am ready for, GI Joe Retaliation, Iron Man 3, Fast 6, Wolverine.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Lincoln was good but boring for the kids. We live near Richmond so we were looking for the local scenery and extras during the movie too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have to admit that I am ready for, GI Joe Retaliation, Iron Man 3, Fast 6, Wolverine.
GI Joe looks better than the first one, IMHO. Not sure abt Iron Man 3 but I'll no doubt see it. I haven't seen the Fast movies in a while so, I may or may not see that one on video. Haven't seen previews for Wolverine yet but can't imagine not seeing it.

Jurassic Park in 3D man! Add that to the list. Iron man 3 has got me pretty torqued though.
I didn't like Jurassic Park when it first came out. Liked the sequels (what I saw of them, anyway) even less. Typical Spielberg movie for me. Nice to look at but, once you got past how real everything looked, not really much of a story.

So, since I don't have enough depth perception to get any enjoyment out of 3D movies to begin with, I can't imagine sitting through it again.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
GI Joe looks better than the first one, IMHO. Not sure abt Iron Man 3 but I'll no doubt see it. I haven't seen the Fast movies in a while so, I may or may not see that one on video. Haven't seen previews for Wolverine yet but can't imagine not seeing it.
Yes, I was not wild about the first Joe movie but this sequal actually looks pretty good. I'm willing to take a chance and pay cinema price to see it. Mountain side Ninja fight?? Yes please!!

I'm an Iron Man fanatic. I was never into the comics but the movies sold me big on the character. Although Iron Man 2 wasn't that strong of a story, I think 3 is going to enter an entire new world for Tony Stark. The new story can make or break the Iron Man films though, that makes me a bit nervous for the future of Iron Man movies.

Hate to admit it, I like all the Fast movies(excluding part 2). It's entertaining and I love seeing modified cars. Let's hope they bring more racing back in 6. Five left us hanging a bit but had a solid story line to make up for it.

I didn't like Jurassic Park when it first came out. Liked the sequels (what I saw of them, anyway) even less. Typical Spielberg movie for me. Nice to look at but, once you got past how real everything looked, not really much of a story.

So, since I don't have enough depth perception to get any enjoyment out of 3D movies to begin with, I can't imagine sitting through it again.
Agreed, I keep seeing internet rumors of them wanting to reboot the franchise. I wish it would stay dead. I'll probably get flamed for this, but it's about as dull as the Godzilla remakes. You can only do so much with those characters/screen play and it gets boring. Let it go, and let's just move on.

41 - 60 of 1040 Posts