Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1040 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
the new batman movie was the perfect ending to nolans trilogy. pretty much sums it up. to me, there a few wierd things going on since i know alot of the lore from the comics. but it was nolans version, and it really pulled all three movies together to end the trilogy the right way.

the hunger games, i liked a good amount. i read all three books right before they announced they were adapting to the big screen. the were a few small things that were left out that annoyed me, but what aggravated me to no end was that haymich had a ridiculously small part when he was a major character in the series.

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You guys ready?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Skyfall- YES!
DieHard Again- Maybe.... I really enjoyed the last one but will probably wait until it hits DVD/Bluray before I see it.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Die Hard...if its rated PG13 I wouldn't even bother seeing it in theaters.

Can't beleive they made the last one PG13. I liked the Unrated version way better. Sorry, John McClain is not John McClain when you don't hear 7 F bombs in a matter of 3 sentences.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Looper was a decent movie. Some lull scenes that didn't need to be there, otherwise good.

Saw Cabin in the Woods a couple of weeks ago. Recommend it!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Another Foreign Film that's entertaining:

Miss Bala

Takes place in Mexico and gives you a glimpse of the mexican drug cartels and the things they do to people's lives around them. This one involves a poor mexican girl who is pushed to enter a beauty contest by her best friend and then somehow they get in the middle of the drug war between US DEA and Mexican cops...etc The beginning is slow... 20 minutes in and then the fun and crazyness begins. The movie description sounds horrible, but once you let it ride for a bit if gets good, the way they shot the film was great.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Iron Man 3 anyone?

I'm still trying to figure out if that new armor is Sentient.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Iron Man 3 anyone?

I'm still trying to figure out if that new armor is Sentient.
I don't know if I'll be able to recommend it since I haven't seen the actual movie yet, but it is an absolute must see in theaters for me.

Other movies in this category are Skyfall, The Hobbit, and another I can't think of.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Iron Man 3 is probably still too far out to recommend yet.. But I'll likely go see it in theaters (like the other Marvel movies).

I'm looking forward to Man With The Iron Fists and Skyfall- those are the next 2 on my list to see in theaters.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Iron Man 3 is probably still too far out to recommend yet.. But I'll likely go see it in theaters (like the other Marvel movies).

I'm looking forward to Man With The Iron Fists and Skyfall- those are the next 2 on my list to see in theaters.

Yes sir! I'm definitely stoked to see those two soon.

Sorry xecution819, the Hobbit and those movies were never my cup of tea. I would have to wait for the DVD/TV release :)

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
I don't know if I'll be able to recommend it since I haven't seen the actual movie yet, but it is an absolute must see in theaters for me.

Other movies in this category are Skyfall, The Hobbit, and another I can't think of.
Can not wait for the Hobbit. Probably the next movie I will see in Theaters.

RedDawn is another on my list as well as Star Trek

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Another one that's excited for the Hobbit.
I never read that or LoTR as a kid but I'm reading the Hobbit now to familiarize myself with the tale.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yes sir! I'm definitely stoked to see those two soon.

Sorry xecution819, the Hobbit and those movies were never my cup of tea. I would have to wait for the DVD/TV release :)
It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I find the longer the movie the better it is in theaters. And with a 2hr 40min run time, it ought to be pretty immersive which is what I look for in theater movies. My home screen is big, but it would need a dedicated room to really become immersive.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Saw Argo last weekend. Go!

A friend had me watch the Swedish Girl trilogy on DVD, based on the Stieg Larsson books. (Not the American version.) Really good if you like international thrillers.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
A friend had me watch the Swedish Girl trilogy, based on the Stieg Larsson books. (Not the American version.) Really good if you like international thrillers.
Millenium trilogy, IIRC ;)
The wife and I saw the Swedish versions with Noomi Rapace and they were great. We liked GWTDT much more than the American version. It was a bit more graphic as well.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Millenium trilogy, IIRC ;)
The wife and I saw the Swedish versions with Noomi Rapace and they were great. We liked GWTDT much more than the American version. It was a bit more graphic as well.
GWTDT was great!

(swedish version).

21 - 40 of 1040 Posts