Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1026 Posts

·
MOTORADOR
10,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start with The Bourne Legacy:

If you liked the first three movies of the saga as much as I did (those were by far one of the best trilogies ever filmed)... DON'T EVEN BOTHER WATCHING THE NEW ONE.

- Over acted
- Over-exaggerated Hollywoodesque stunts
- Poor story/script
- Poor cinematography
- No Jason Bourne

If all you care about is people punching other people it is still a "meh" movie.

·
MOTORADOR
10,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I knew it wasn't a movie about Jason Bourne, but at least I expected a good parallel story/production.

Very disappointed.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have enjoyed the Bourne movies...car chases, explosions...and the characters. This last one hasn't appealed enough to me to go see it.

I'm waiting to see when the 6th Fast and Furious will be. Fast Five had the ending that had you wanting more. I like all of the F and F's except the third...and even the drifting might be starting to grow on me...just not as a part of that series, IMO.

Yeah, I like speed in my movie.....and Thor ;)

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I am going to give a shout out to a movie that I believe is not popular because of its title. It's not a GREAT movie, but I found it funny and original.

"Cloudy with a chance of meatballs".

Just the title tells you: "aaaaw this is gonna suck" and I was one of them. Until I saw it on tv, and found myself laughing pretty hard.

Don't except a comedy milestone, but if you want to watch something different as far as "kids movies" this one is a winner in my book... "Gummy Bears!!!" lol

Also a recent Disney movie that I enjoyed was "Tangled". I am old fashioned, and although I enjoy the new animated movies, where the sole purpose is to make you laugh, "Tangled" is more old style. There's a lot of singing, and that reminds me of the old Disney movies, the ones we all grew up with, but mixed with the modern comic spark.

These two movies I think are worth watching with your kids...

And "Ted"... very funny.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Thanks man, I guess well go see Batman, it was between that and the new Bourne movie thing.

Also, you guys should check out the movie "Machine Gun Preacher". I was a little banged up when I saw it, but the movie is great and it was based on a true story. Saw it on my movie list this week on my cablebox. The movie is about a Harley outlaw dude who is a piece of crap, does drugs etc.. eventually finds god and goes on a mission to Sudan, then when he sees the horrible civil war going on he decides to build a kid shelter in the middle of the war and decides to start gunning down the rebel groups one by one, the dude is real and the story actually happened, the main star is the dude from the movie 300.

·
MOTORADOR
10,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Machine Gun Preacher looks interesting.

Sent from my other shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Total Rekall was good for a remake. They kept similarities for the story line with some nice changes to keep it sifi. The concept was more tuned for our day and age, it's kind of funny to me to see remakes like this and notice the changes of how we perceive the future.

Action was a plus, non stop!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Batman kicked azz. I really like The Hunger Games too. They did a good job against the book.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Batman kicked azz. I really like The Hunger Games too. They did a good job against the book.
I read the hunger games books and knew right away they would make better movies than books. There was too much action involved. They definitely did a good job with them. On another note, the worst movie I have ever seen in my life is Gentleman Broncos. Someone at work recommended it to my wife and I thought I was going to hang myself.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I'm into watching foreign movies as well, US movies have been lacking and the overseas movies are great:

-El Secreto De Sus Ojos (subtitled in English) - Argentine crime thriller, really well made
-Mancora (chill movie, read up about it)
-Malta con Huevos (cool weird movie with an awesome twist in the end)
-He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not (this one is for the wives) - french psychological thriller about "erotomania" but it's actually a messed up movie altogether (same actress from The Da Vinci Code)
-Neon Flesh - Spanish movie - (this one is weird, serious, but funny and messed up), storyline sounds weird but it's actually a hilarious movie. It's about a guy hoping to earn his mother's respect (whos a prostitute), a young hustler-turned-businessman tries to open a brothel with his two useless buddies. Sounds weird but it's an enterntaining movie.

Just figured id share if you want to change things around.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Saw an awesome weird but cool movie last night - It's called 360. Awesomeness. It's a whole bunch of stories, they are all connected, some are disturbing, others are not, its a good one. Got it on Demand last night.

Same director as City of God and movies of that style.

1 - 20 of 1026 Posts