Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I purchased a track bike late last year and it was red. I hate red. So I decided since I wouldn't be doing any track riding till spring time I would take the bodywork off, fix a couple of holes and bad areas and repaint it. Well this was my first time doing any fiberglass and painting and I probably spent way to much time on it with repairing holes, leveling low spots, scratches, dents, etc and block/wet sanding for a track bike. But the more and more I did, the more and more I wanted it to be perfect.

Now I needed to come up with a paint scheme. I looked at other peoples track bike paint jobs and really didn't want the typical one or two tone job with a bunch of different companies stickers on it. I had seen a couple of theme bikes that I had liked, the Willy's Jeep SV from Canyon CHaser and Amac's A-7 Corsair 2 SV. So I really liked the idea of doing a military type theme like theirs, and like WW2 history. So I started looking at planes from WW2, the corsair, mustang, spitfire, yak, wulf etc. Well since its a Japanese motorcycle , I decided to do a Japanese plane, the Mitsubishi A6m3 Zero. I did some research on some paint codes and found one that was close enough and shot it with the help of my dad who has painted projects in the past. I then had a friend cut some vinyl up for me since I didn't feel like buying 3 or 4 different colors of paint.

Here's the bike as I purchased it.

Done shooting the paint. ooohhh all shiny.

Mounting the bodywork up.

All mounted up.

And with some vinyl and wrapped seat with brown pleather.

Too gay?

Too lazy to paint the sheet metal undertail.

Then its first track day at Summit point, Shenandoah Circuit.

I got a lot of compliments on it at the track and it made all the work with it. Time to put it away so it doesn't get scratched ;D
J/k heading to VIR this weekend.
I'll probably do a write up on Shenandoah and Patriot sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's awesome! I was thinking the other day that the SV would look cool in a Zero paint job...and ...well, here you went and did it!

·
Registered
169 Posts
awesome paint job, bike looks great!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice bike, but olive drab with a rising sun? Got your symbolics crossed up, eh?
I guess you have never seen a WWII japanese war plane. I would say that color is called "green" and miraculously would blend in to the ground when seen from the top called "camouflage". Now i am sure when the Japanese saw that the americans where using "olive drab", they immediatly switched to bright pink to be different. :rolleyes:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/82/246535710_e4b916b3a8.jpg?v=0

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks good, I like that shade of green, too. And great choice for 1st gen plastics.

I don't see how this bike is homosexual. :p
I actually meant gay as in happy. I really don't want to comment on its sexual preference. I have seen this bike alone with young boys. not pretty.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
That's it. I'm mounting some 50 cals and shooting your ass off the track next time. That's if you can pass me and get in front of me. :nana:
Not to be too nit picky but the A6M3 didn't have 50 cals. So you'll have to shoot his ass off with some 7.7mm machine guns and 20mm cannons. But I think that should do the trick just fine.

Oh, by the way, I LOVE your bike. I also love WWII history. I don't think I would ever get the guts (or funds) to do it, but I've always wanted my bike or helmet painted in a 357th FG color scheme.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hey man, Kotex fits. Period.

I like the Kamikaze written on the side, looks good and makes a good track nick name... so long as you don't actually 'live' up to it

1 - 20 of 77 Posts