Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, it's that time of year again. Don't get me wrong, I usually ride all year round but how can you not look forward to the warm weather?!?! ;)

This past weekend the weather has been beautiful and it looks like the cold and snow have there bags packed and are on there way out the door. As a parting gift we even got an extra hour of daylight!

So with this in mind I once again started all the bikes and begun checking over maintenance. I also took the oppurtunity to replace my SV's long dead PCIII with a Cobra FI2000.

Now I just need to find a way to get all the vegetable oil off the tires (just kidding!) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Yeah I am the same way. I don't let cold weather stop me, but these nice days we have been having really has me in "motorcycle mode" as my wife calls it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Absolutely! I am SO sick of winter, come on spring. Racing has begun so thr real riding season has to be close behind.
See ya on the blacktop.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yesterday it was in the high 40s and really feeling like spring was on the way. Today its 20s with blowing snow everywhere, its been like this all winter. I love snowmobiling but we have decent snow for a week then it would melt so out of the whole winter i rode twice.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im a bit spoiled being in the south. It never really gets "that" cold. I actually prefer the colder months here for riding. All the nice twisty areas get crowded with ,tank top wearing, squids and 30+ rider groups of harleys. This also brings out the law enforcment to those areas which makes riding them at any speed or spirit undo-able.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
What really gets me goign is when its warm enough that I can switch over to my A* SP-2 gloves rather than my clumsy insulated tourmaster winter/rain gloves. Riding is much more pleasureful with those gloves on as they are like a 2nd layer of skin for me. Mmmm...tasty...

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Would have been a nice day to ride here, but got roped into helping my son move.
Time for some ibuprofen :)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
It has been lovely here, but the bike remains untouched. I have to save some money for a while to get inscurance, and so I am just pretending it is snowy and cold outside. I wish I could just drop the money and worry about it later, but the time for responsibility is nigh. Oh well, just paid the bike off, so that is awesome.

·
Registered
756 Posts
had my first nice long ride of the season yesterday and it felt great.

I probably should have done some general maintenance first, but I just couldn't wait.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This past weekend the weather has been beautiful and it looks like the cold and snow have there bags packed and are on there way out the door. As a parting gift we even got an extra hour of daylight!

Yeah mannnn, the last few days in Philly have been awesome. They were calling for rain today but it looks like it's just going to be another nice day. What part of Philly are you from?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sratched my itch yesterday Don by getting out for the first Philly Rider 2nd Sunday group ride. Weather was okay, roads are still sketchy, lots of gravel, salt & sand. Hit a nice section of rt 841 though. I always do maintenace on my bike prior to winterizing it so I just had to uncover it (check tires of course), start it, & go. Now it needs a bath though.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
It has been in the low to mid 50s here lately...brrrr.

Too cold to ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ludacity, I'm with you.

Condition:Sunny
Temperature:-24.4°C (-11 F)
Pressure / Tendency:103.5 kPa / rising
Visibility:24 km
Humidity:54%
Wind Chill:-37 (-34.6 F)
Dew Point:-31.0°C
Wind Speed:NNW 28 km/h

At least it's sunny? It's supposed to climb to +5 by this weekend:p

You guys are making me jealous!!

I've been trying to convince the wife to move somewhere hot, but apparently "to be able to ride the bike all year" is not a good enough reason:'(

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What really gets me goign is when its warm enough that I can switch over to my A* SP-2 gloves rather than my clumsy insulated tourmaster winter/rain gloves. Riding is much more pleasureful with those gloves on as they are like a 2nd layer of skin for me. Mmmm...tasty...
I used to think the SP-2s were the sh!t...until I tried a pair of Frank Thomas kangaroo leather palmed gloves...sooo much more comfy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts