Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Are those from one of those ebay silicone hose kits? I need to replace the rubbers on both of my bikes. That's an upgrade on the list.
Yes they are. They required a bit of trimming (especially the two short ones from the heads to the thermostat housing) but that simple enough.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Love it. That's how my ninjette project has been going this past year; the biggest ticket items were tires ($200 for the pair) and a Trail Tech gauge which was not needed but looks cool. Plus I plan to swipe the gauge back whenever I get rid of the bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
I'm almost done with the first phase of this project which was to make it road worthy. Just an oil change and speed sensor (pickup) to go. When I fixed my coolant leak on the last post I rushed putting it back together and forgot I had removed the rectifier and had not bolted it back in properly. So back apart things went.

As you can see having the proper tools for the job makes life so much easier. lol
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

I had completely removed the pair system as part of this project. The actuator in the airbox didn't need to be removed but since I had the little gizmo that fooled the system into thinking the system was normal I decided to ditch it. I mentioned being a packrat before and I found a plug that fit perfectly for the airbox.
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Alloy wheel

I'm a packrat, not a hoarder. The majority of this stuff is now in the trash but it put into prospective the scale of refreshing an old SV and what may need to be looked at on an older machine. It also made for a cool photo op.
Font Engineering Machine Pattern Fashion accessory

41 - 47 of 47 Posts