Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

The Cafe/2Stroke/Single/Twin/Brit/Euro/Cool Bike Pic Thread

8M views 22K replies 707 participants last post by  Hand-Wound Man 
#1 ·
I have been noticing a lot of threads with very cool pictures and links and in conversing with some other frequent posters thought maybe we could try to roll some of the best content up into one place. I look here and on the internet, as well as tv, in printed media and at bike shows and all over, for inspiration for my projects, so with Winter coming hopefully this can be a place for people to look for their ideas too.

Please try to keep this on topic, and keep in mind it isnt necessarily about SV's - classic bikes, cafe racers, GP bikes, thumpers, 2 smokers, Vtwins, euro bikes, and most anything you got. Ok, maybe not the really egregiously ugly 'I wouldnt ride that if you paid me' type bikes though.

*Obviously we cant always control what other outside sources do with their images, links, and content - so over time if this thread continues I am sure there will be dead links and little red x's popping up. I will do what I can to keep my posts updated!

Some of my favorites:

NCR Millona

2004 Suzuka 8hours Endurance Racer Ducati Monster

http://extremegraphicfsmd.com/indexeng.htm
Extreme Graphic Moto Design GSXR

Lazareth Ducati 1000SS

Honda CB1100R

Naked Yamaha RZ500

Dan Gurney Alligator

See less See more
#17,062 ·
^^^ This started out as a Moto Guzzi Griso 8V, but it has a Stucchi Luigi fairing and tank shroud, custom subframe with rear fender delete, airbox delete with K&N pod filters, custom rearsets, straight pipes, and a few more goodies.

Looks great, and I bet it sounds like a small block Chevy when it's revved.

#17,065 ·
#17,068 ·
Cool! I've been waiting to see a VR6-powered motorcycle for a long time, never thought I'd see a production bike with a proprietary VR6 before seeing a homebuilt special. :)

#17,069 ·
Well, it looks like I've sold my beloved Duke 690... Hard to find a buyer for such a niche bike, but a guy finally put down a deposit on it yesterday.

When it wasn't moving, I have to admit I thought very, very hard about giving it a treatment like this:

Those pics are the result of a kit from mototech. Seems like a great idea until you check the price - over $10k! WHOA!

I mean, it's pretty awesome, but if you're willing to sink $10k into a $10k bike, there are a LOT of awesome options out there...

Still, this would be a really nice, reliable, and usable alternative to the 450 monogp approach.

#17,076 ·
Re: Simple Addition

I'd recognize that anywhere. MPFab's turbo kit for a WR250X - 54whp, posted well back in this thread by your favorite Torontonian Duke aficionado. ;)
Looks like I misspoke, I posted it to the big fan of small bikes thread, not here...

#17,080 · (Edited)
You got me there Sys. I spent 20 seconds trying to make a turbo out of the thingy above the clutch. I kinda get your joke, it's my SuperDuke owning brother's solution too. But I say "NO!", the SD is much taller to sit on and nowhere near as "town-friendly". I guess a Duke with Boost might be a bit of a handful about town too.

Here is one little home mod I did on the w/end. I haven't dyno'd it yet, so I'd be having a lend if I said with certainty that it has more stick, but it IS 5kg lighter and it DOES sound nastier. The over-run would give you a chubby.

5 kg of cat out.

400g of SS fitted instead.

I know you are a tree-hugger and you probably disapprove of my irresponsible ways. My house is fitted with solar panels so I think I break even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.