Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

19741 - 19760 of 22075 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
When six just isn't enough...
Wow.

What I don't get is that I thought that the Suzuki I4 250 was liquid-cooled. This is supposed to be based on 2 of them, but there's no cooling system anywhere.

Also - that's an awful lot of work for 60hp. ;) I love it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i thought i would post this up as i'm still going through this thread ( i'm on page1870 or so at the moment) great thread with some cool bikes

this is one of mine i took it for a blast this morning

mick
p.s. first time loading pics so fingers crossed :newbie:

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I posted this bike before, but I don't think I posted this picture... My buddy Hank's CBR1100XX:

It doesn't show when the fairings are on, but that bike is rockin' an intercooled turbo and has been dyno'd at 255hp. Plus it has handlebars so he rides at warp speed all day in comfort.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
never thought i would say "that virago is awesome"

It's a truly beautimous engine that was stuck in a truly horrid frame. Dunno how Yamaha got it so damned wrong. The engine is just *begging* to have some love applied. While some of these might not be your cup of tea, they show the potential that late, great engine had:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks Sys, for bringing the thread back to the Man Zone. A truly awesome DOHC.

You're Virago love disturbs me JBS.
Right, and your on a website for a girls bike and you ride a single, I thought I had issues.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey man, I just think it has a beautiful, under rated engine. The rest of the bike can go blow goats.
and if you think they LOOK bad you should see how some of the stuff was designed.. blows my mind that people were happy with them stock.

hence my reasons for only keeping the engine and final-drive.

19741 - 19760 of 22075 Posts