Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

17741 - 17760 of 22075 Posts

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Considering it's supposedly 3/4s of an R1 mill, it should be at least in the same league, if not more (or less, depending on your viewpoint - I'd like to see them lop a cylinder off an R6 and have a 450 triple)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Whoa.

Never heard of Islo before, here's another:
I knew them because I was one of the few Cooper dealers back in the dark ages (1973). The Cooper was a 250cc Maico(ish) MXer designed by Malcolm Smith with Frank Cooper. Islo made them and while they were fast and handled well they were a bit fragile for the purpose.

(pictured is an eduro / the MX had a Maico "coffin" tank)

I bought 4 to establish the dealership. Raced one and ended up buying back the other 3. Oops.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
^Lovely engine. Tyres are OK. Rims are nice.

You can keep the rest.

That was a "pretty" fairing on the first Islo you posted on the last page NVD.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Whoa.

Never heard of Islo before....
Unfortunate name for a motorcycle.

"What kind of bike is that?"
"Islo."
"Okay, so it's not very fast, but... who makes it?"

That's okay, though. We sent Mexico a car named "Nova." (Try that in Spanish.)

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Mechanical Disc Brake - 1967
That's cool, looks kinda like a modern cable-actuated bicycle disc brake.

What really knocks my socks off, though, is that rear drum casing - finned like crazy and doubles as a rear shock mount? How do you adjust the chain on this thing? Or is it shaft drive?

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's cool, looks kinda like a modern cable-actuated bicycle disc brake.

What really knocks my socks off, though, is that rear drum casing - finned like crazy and doubles as a rear shock mount? How do you adjust the chain on this thing? Or is it shaft drive?
"... it was in the form of a sedate shaft driven 600cc touring machine, not a sports model. This was a deliberate move on Count Agusta's part to make it as hard as possible for privateer racers to convert the road bike into a race bike... "

The bike pictured was the pre-production press bike (127 produced). When you look at the safety wiring and the rather robust adjustment "screw" not to mention the baked on oil stains, it tells a story.

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
Here's one with a more subtle paint that you might prefer:

Wow. The first Ducati I ever saw was this exact model, and color. That was in 1977, I think. The bike that got me hooked on the L-twin performance and sound, which was responsible for me buying, some 22 years later, an SV650.

Damn I'm getting old...:bruce:

17741 - 17760 of 22075 Posts