Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

17081 - 17100 of 22067 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I know you are a tree-hugger and you probably disapprove of my irresponsible ways. My house is fitted with solar panels so I think I break even.
Ha ha, don't worry about my disapproval. I personally won't remove a cat, but I don't cluck my tongue at those who do - until I have to smell their exhaust ;)

It's a personal choice and we all decide what we are and aren't comfortable with.

The bike is looking awesome. Glad you're having fun with it!

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Heavily modded B12 with SportClassic wheels and many, many nice little touches...

...including that sexay Canadian exhaust! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Wow, SakeRacer. You're covering the whole spectrum of cool motorcycling with a few nice pics there! That "Turbo 1000" bike with the BMW Hossack front end is pretty f'n exciting to me. Any info other than that pic?

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I'm sure that there's some re-posting here, but I can't stop daydreaming about a Brutale 675 these days... The lightest, most powerful, smallest wheelbase middleweight naked bike out there (the Street Triple and Monster are the only real competition IMO - I wish that Honda would give the 600RRA this treatment!). Much better-looking than the Triumph IMO, more interesting/distinctive/unique than a Monster, but no ABS option, kind of crappy suspension compared to the Triple R or 1100 EVO, very weak dealer support here in Canada, and no chance to even sit on one (much less go for a ride) before buying.

Coming to Canada for 2013 - if you want one, you can write your dealer a cheque and wait for a phone call. Talk about a head-vs-heart dilemma! Getting one of these things as an only motorcycle would be so damn stupid... But looking at these pics, it seems like I'd be stupid NOT to do it:

Why are the Japanese builders ignoring this segment? Or flipping it off with bikes like the Bandit, FZ6, CB600F, Ninja 650, etc... The SV has a special place in my heart, but it is just not a real player in this segment.

All of the difficult engineering work has already been done - with a new top triple, fairing/headlight, exhaust, and peg placement, any one of the Big Four could have a real killer on their hands. Just design work, no engineering. I guess there's just not enough demand out there...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Why are the Japanese builders ignoring this segment? Or flipping it off with bikes like the Bandit, FZ6, CB600F, Ninja 650, etc...
There´s the 750/1000 Zs from Kawa, the GSR-600/750 from Suzuki, that 1000cc pig from Honda with the SSA (CBF1000 or so?) as well as FZ8/FZ1.
It think they´re trying, sort of, especially on the FZ1 and Z series - what is your gripe with these?

Ciao
Jan

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I don't think we've seen any FZ8's in this thread yet, have we?

It's got down-spec suspension (although comparable to a non-EVO Monster or the non-R Street Triple), it's a bit heavy, and I admit that I think it would look a lot better with radial calipers... Still, a pretty nifty bike overall. Hope you like the pics.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
There´s the 750/1000 Zs from Kawa, the GSR-600/750 from Suzuki, that 1000cc pig from Honda with the SSA (CBF1000 or so?) as well as FZ8/FZ1.
It think they´re trying, sort of, especially on the FZ1 and Z series - what is your gripe with these?

Ciao
Jan
most of those aren't available in the US

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
My gripe with them is that they're generally heavy and have crap suspension compared to the top-spec supersports - while bikes like the Street Triple R, M1100 EVO, Streetfighter 848, and Brutale 675 are all in a different league in one or more of those items.

I don't want an FZ6 or FZ8, I want a naked R6 with handlebars. Same goes with the offerings from the other Japanese manufacturers.

My dream bike is a nice-looking naked version of the CBR600RRA. I thought about getting a new one and giving it the 'fighter treatment myself, but the tank and rad look hideous with the fairings off - it would cost an arm and a leg for me to do something that Honda could do at very small incremental cost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow, SakeRacer. You're covering the whole spectrum of cool motorcycling with a few nice pics there! That "Turbo 1000" bike with the BMW Hossack front end is pretty f'n exciting to me. Any info other than that pic?
hi there

i have to admit that at the moment i didnt care much on asking info about the bike…
i just took some pics and that was all!

but, here u go: http://www.boxer-superbob.com/

just found on google! ;)

17081 - 17100 of 22067 Posts