Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

17061 - 17080 of 22071 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
^^^ This started out as a Moto Guzzi Griso 8V, but it has a Stucchi Luigi fairing and tank shroud, custom subframe with rear fender delete, airbox delete with K&N pod filters, custom rearsets, straight pipes, and a few more goodies.

Looks great, and I bet it sounds like a small block Chevy when it's revved.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
What you doing at 17061 AOG? Is that the stealth fap?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I right clicked the little logo that's where the image should be and image searched - I got my answer. Go and finish laughing.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Cool! I've been waiting to see a VR6-powered motorcycle for a long time, never thought I'd see a production bike with a proprietary VR6 before seeing a homebuilt special. :)

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Well, it looks like I've sold my beloved Duke 690... Hard to find a buyer for such a niche bike, but a guy finally put down a deposit on it yesterday.

When it wasn't moving, I have to admit I thought very, very hard about giving it a treatment like this:

Those pics are the result of a kit from mototech. Seems like a great idea until you check the price - over $10k! WHOA!

I mean, it's pretty awesome, but if you're willing to sink $10k into a $10k bike, there are a LOT of awesome options out there...

Still, this would be a really nice, reliable, and usable alternative to the 450 monogp approach.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
When it wasn't moving, I have to admit I thought very, very hard about giving it a treatment like this:
I don't like you anymore. What has been seen cannot be un-seen. How am I going to get that out of my head? $10K you say? Hmm; 1, 2, 3, three and a half, where is my piggy bank?

Here are some pics I found.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Hyde Harrier Jubilee:

Pretty nifty - frame by Harris, semi-modern Bonnie engine (2000-later but pre-EFI), and a bunch of fancy bits.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Re: Simple Addition

I'd recognize that anywhere. MPFab's turbo kit for a WR250X - 54whp, posted well back in this thread by your favorite Torontonian Duke aficionado. ;)
Looks like I misspoke, I posted it to the big fan of small bikes thread, not here...

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
You got me there Sys. I spent 20 seconds trying to make a turbo out of the thingy above the clutch. I kinda get your joke, it's my SuperDuke owning brother's solution too. But I say "NO!", the SD is much taller to sit on and nowhere near as "town-friendly". I guess a Duke with Boost might be a bit of a handful about town too.

Here is one little home mod I did on the w/end. I haven't dyno'd it yet, so I'd be having a lend if I said with certainty that it has more stick, but it IS 5kg lighter and it DOES sound nastier. The over-run would give you a chubby.

5 kg of cat out.

400g of SS fitted instead.

I know you are a tree-hugger and you probably disapprove of my irresponsible ways. My house is fitted with solar panels so I think I break even.

17061 - 17080 of 22071 Posts