Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

16801 - 16820 of 22075 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Here's one really strange build:
You are most polite. Not a pretty bike BEFORE it was "beautified".

Here is another. An Aussie concept whose designer (Tim Cameron, designer and builder of the V-Rex abomination) wants it fitted with a diesel/'leccie or H2/'leccie hybrid and two-wheeled drive. Good luck to him.

http://www.timcamerondesign.com.au/news.html

I just read also that Honda are applying for a patent to make Power Steering for bikes. It's aim is to assist in the parking of big bikes like Wings, but as the bike gets rolling the power steering becomes more of a dampener. Honda also wants to lessen the compromise between the responsive twitchy sports steering and the slow lazy raked cruiser steering, that is, with Honda's new Power Steering concept you may get to choose your desired level of "twitchiness".

And another pic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I might have been a perfectly contented and wealthy rocket scientist or something by now if I hadn't accidentally subscribed to Cycle World when I was 13 and started reading Peter Egan. At some point in the next two years, I imprinted on this front end, and it's always going to be a good look for the front of a sporty bike.

Messed around with The Gimp last night. Matched the front wheel sizes to get the scale as close to right as I could. Surprised how well it works. I like how it still has the bigger, kinda bubble-like overall shape with round, vertical lights of a '70s race bike, but has the detail design and texture of a modern bike.

I'll probably end up at least trying this in real world. Thinking yellow for visibility.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I might have been a perfectly contented and wealthy rocket scientist or something by now if I hadn't accidentally subscribed to Cycle World when I was 13 and started reading Peter Egan. At some point in the next two years, I imprinted on this front end, and it's always going to be a good look for the front of a sporty bike.

Messed around with The Gimp last night. Matched the front wheel sizes to get the scale as close to right as I could. Surprised how well it works. I like how it still has the bigger, kinda bubble-like overall shape with round, vertical lights of a '70s race bike, but has the detail design and texture of a modern bike.

I'll probably end up at least trying this in real world. Thinking yellow for visibility.
I think it might look ok on a first gen, but it's too roundy for the angles of the second gen, IMO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're right, that works surprisingly well.

Just to add to the thread, and I know it's been mentioned here before, but I've always thought the GB500 was the best looking production cafe ever prpoduced. It's just plain right.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The price redution was only a strategy from Estoril Circuit owners....

TICKET PRICES

PREÇO DOS BILHETES / TICKET PRICES
Bilhete 3 Dias / Weekend (3 DAYS) Ticket
Bancada A /Grandstand A €20,00
Bancada B /Grandstand B €20,00
Bancada C /Grandstand C €10,00
Bancada E /Grandstand E €10,00
Bancada H /Grandstand H €10,00

Bilhete 6ª-Feira / Friday Ticket
Peão / Standing Area €2,00 (à venda no Circuito/Only available at the Circuit)
Bancada E /Grandstand E €5,00

Bilhete Sábado/ Saturday Ticket .
Peão / Standing Area €2,00 (à venda no Circuito/Only available at the Circuit)

Bilhete Domingo/ Sunday Ticket
Peão / Standing Area €2,00 (à venda no Circuito/Only available at the Circuit

GP Portugal 2012,spectators

Friday – 12.594
Saturday – 25.603
sunday – 48.951
Total 3 days – 87.148.

... to put some pressure(...but very small) in Ezpeleta(motogp CEO),for Estoril continuity in Motogp.

But there is to many circuits in Iberia (Spain+Portugal) + Portugal deep crisis(to pay motogp participation fees- 8Milion€ ,i heard, but not sure;eg. F1-30Milion€) , unfortunely i think we have no chance. A Great circuit with a great racing heritage ..but money talks .....$$$$$.......

Regards,
BF

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Guzzi is done..finished more or less.

Working on a new project now, Voxan engine, ohlins, marchesini, keihin, the full monty.
Will be a modern bike again with a classic theme, all hand beaten aluminium tank ,seat ,top fairing, all roundish classic shape and the alu will not be polished or smooth..just rough.

Going to take forever im sure but at least the inspiration is there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can I borrow that engine for my SV? :)

16801 - 16820 of 22075 Posts