Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

12561 - 12580 of 22075 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
If this is a test ... I can't tell if I passed or failed.
But I love it ! I'm a big fan of what we used to call "sleepers". Ya know the cars that looked like a businessman's sedan with a pro-stock motor hidden underneath the hood. Same with bikes. Retro-cruiser looking R1 or a SV650 that looks like a 305 Dream .... hmmm ;)
I'm anti-fridge ..

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Most "improvements" seriously detract from the beauty of the stock bike. The FZR400 is one to leave alone ..
I can appreciate that sentiment, but I tend to side with those who have the guts to put the torch to 'em. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
+1 I've always loved faired bikes with two big headlights. Case in point: I've always found the mid-80's GSXR to be a beautiful bike. Is that weird?

No you ain't weird. The first gen GSXR's are iconic, they deffined what s Sportbike could be and are pretty comfy to boot.

·
Super Moderator
6,850 Posts
That Beemer is the worst "custom" eva!

Seriously - what the !#$% is that? I've seen plenty of modded bikes that I don't care for, but this one actually makes me ill!

Thank goodness BKK Jack posted a VTR to calm me down...

And Syscrush - Some bikes, like the FZR, are just too good to mess with. He should get a SV if he wants something to mod into a "Streetfighter".

Jay

·
Registered
383 Posts
ill - like sick, want to barf, etc...
I know what I'll is, I was attempting a funny. Must have been too dry. I have to say it is a very unique custom, and in that vein I like it, the owner builder made it his and that is the definition of a custom. The doner bike was not the pick of the liter in the looks department.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I know what I'll is, I was attempting a funny. Must have been too dry. I have to say it is a very unique custom, and in that vein I like it, the owner builder made it his and that is the definition of a custom. The doner bike was not the pick of the liter in the looks department.
Still trying to be funny? ;D

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Tasty SportClassic:

999 forks w/SBK cartridges, 999 brakes, BST wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
KTM-sponsored stunt rider Rok Bagoros on his spiffy factory 125:

Here's his site if you're interested:

rokbagoros.com

F'n jerk makes me look pretty lame for barely being able to do a crap wheelie on my 690. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
The BMW offends me on so many levels... I want!

The HD is just weird... it's like getting a fat chick to run the 400 metres.
It was heavy but a noble effort on HD's part, too bad they didn't show a bit more heart and keep racing for a few more seasons and actually get a competitive racing program. Is a what if now.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
It was heavy but a noble effort on HD's part, too bad they didn't show a bit more heart and keep racing for a few more seasons and actually get a competitive racing program. Is a what if now.
Why didn't I practice a little more as a kid and become Tiger Woods? Not going to happen in either case...Well some creative rulebook writing seems to help Harley...

12561 - 12580 of 22075 Posts