Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11581 - 11600 of 22075 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Enough chattering girls .. lets get down to some serious picture posting.

My fav ...
If RD can say "let's get down to some serious pic posting" and then repost; reposting is the very accepted norm.

Nothing against the Kwaka, it's one'a my faves too. What is the electronic gizmo on the top clamp Aredee?

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
No, your gsxr with clip-ons, 520 conversion and brand stickers plastered all over your plastic is not a touring bike. It's a wannabe bike unless you're at the track.
Isn't a 520 stock on a GSX-R? ;)

Anyhow, this guy might disagree with you - several of his 6 around-the-world trips were done on an R1:

Anyhow, not arguing about fairings anymore, just pimpin' some pics of a bike that's noteworthy for how it's been used by a true monster of motorcycling. :)

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Also, we are ALL poseurs - it's been a long time since I stopped considering that a meaningful insult.

Also, that Kolb BMW above makes me question my faith in the ultimate ugliness of aircooled boxers. ;) It really is awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I've never ridden a bike with fairings. So I don't know what it feels like to do so. However, it seems logical that having properly designed fairings would help protect a rider against wind blast and debris.

I see no point in trash talking any form of functional motorcycle. They all serve a purpose in one fashion or another. If one feels the need to "call out" someone else as being a "poser", they need to stop watching B-rated movies staring Vin Diesel.

Anyway, I am a noob. And yet I've already managed to log somewhere around 4500 miles in the past 3 months on a naked SV. I don't look over at someone on a CBR600RR and judge them for having plastic panels. That's just retarded. The only person whom I've been angry at over riding habit/ability or anything else is myself.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Fat Kwaka's.....

......(esp with fairings) are not my gig. But I'd feel like you were all deprived if I did not post this beautifully composed shot.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Re: Fat Kwaka's.....

......(esp with fairings) are not my gig. But I'd feel like you were all deprived if I did not post this beautifully composed shot.
There's a fat kawi somewhere in that picture? :)

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
If RD can say "let's get down to some serious pic posting" and then repost; reposting is the very accepted norm.

The only trick Z1s I can recall being posted here are from Sanctuary, not Bull Dock, who I have never heard of. Perhaps I'm mistaken ..

What I am not mistaken about is the need to clean up this thread. Lets try getting back to posting PICTURES of Cafe Racers, 2Strokes, Singles, Twins, British bikes, European bikes and most of all cool bikes.

This is not the funny bike thread, the ANY bike thread or the rusting heap thread.

This is also not the stupid discussion thread ...

Thank you for your attention.

PS .. this is not directed at Boldor, but at everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Nicely done 848 - various carbon bits including those delicious BST wheels:

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Pretty tasty 1198 special:

On one hand, the carbon is overdone.

On the other hand, WHO CARES? :D

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I must admit that I rather like this Exile Black Bull:

That's about as clean a look as I've seen on a motorcycle. Does the brake pedal operate both front & rear brakes via a proportioning valve or something?

11581 - 11600 of 22075 Posts