Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11561 - 11580 of 22075 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
You'd better start another thread for that cause I could spend all day refuting that bollocks. Screw wind blast, and screw having to clean all bugs out of hard to get into areas. Naked bikes are only good for slow fags who don't ride much.
Wow. With all of the light curse words this site filters, it leaves that? I'm pretty sure it blocks hell, ****, *******, ****, maybe even ****. Seems an odd place to draw the line.

EDIT: Apparently hell made it through.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You'd better start another thread for that cause I could spend all day refuting that bollocks. Screw wind blast, and screw having to clean all bugs out of hard to get into areas. Naked bikes are only good for slow fags who don't ride much.
:iamwithstupid:

Well, up to the "slow fags who don't ride much" part anyway.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Wind blast is only a concern for pencil necks with big ears.

A bug lodged deeply between cooling fins is only a concern for anal-retentives; besides, there are NO flies on me anyway.

I may not ride very much now, but if it could be accurately proven, I'd bet MY bollocks that I've cover more distance on a naked than just about any fairing-polishing-patsy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wind blast is only a concern for pencil necks with big ears.

I may not ride very much now, but if it could be accurately proven, I'd bet MY bollocks that I've cover more distance on a naked than just about any fairing-polishing-patsy.
Ditto that.

I did an 800 mile ride across Texas one 35 degree winter's day without a fairing, and not at the speed limit.

I was wondering how many here have been over, say, 115 MPH, without a fairing for more than few minutes, or miles.

How many, have been at 125-130 mph, for say sixty miles, without fairing. Probably no one under the age of 45.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Wow. With all of the light curse words this site filters, it leaves that? I'm pretty sure it blocks hell, ****, *******, ****, maybe even ****. Seems an odd place to draw the line.

EDIT: Apparently hell made it through.
I hoped it might. Regardless, they're all just opinions, but we'd another thread (or ten!) to sort that one out! (although I will say it's futile to argue against fairings for covering any sort of distance, even nakey bikers commonly fit a fly screen to help negate the blast)

Stick a relaxed looking bloke on it, bird on the arm, *** handing out his gob, and then maybe it'll be a Sheene bike :D

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Wow, maybe next we can debate which color SV is fastest!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Since we've derailed it, I'll weigh in.

I love the looks of a naked, but having ridden the span of the US, more than once, I will pitch in and say that a faired bike does it better. For a touring bike, I'll eventually buy an FJR (or similar) but until that day comes, all my bikes will be naked.
Silly discussion to have on this thread, but...I've done many multi-week, multi-1000 miles trips. Best one?? Back in '99 on a naked SV. Not even a windshield.

I don't know why people have to get so argumentative about trivia. If you strongly prefer faired bikes, great. But there's no absolute standard here, it's all personal preference. To act like there is a definite "good" or "bad" is just small minded stupidity.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Wow, maybe next we can debate which color SV is fastest!
Oh please. There's no debate there - rattle-can bedliner is obviously the fastest. The textured surface causes the flow to detach and it reduces drag. ;)

SCIENCE!!!

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Sorry Lads, didn't realise the Sheen machine was done. I was merely stating my preference on bike coverings until it was suggested that I prefer boys' bottoms. Try this for off-beat.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ditto that.

I did an 800 mile ride across Texas one 35 degree winter's day without a fairing, and not at the speed limit.

I was wondering how many here have been over, say, 115 MPH, without a fairing for more than few minutes, or miles.

How many, have been at 125-130 mph, for say sixty miles, without fairing. Probably no one under the age of 45.
My point made exactly. Racing or wannabe racers. Anybody regularly going that fast on the street is a wannabe. Ask any pro racer, and they'll tell you the same thing. Heck, some of them refuse to ride on the street at all. Who cares if a fairing makes you go faster unless you're on the track? Going fast enough for it to matter on the street is just stupid. I ride hard, and have tons of fun without trying to bump redline in topgear. (though I have done that as well, on the track where it belongs, and I'm sure I had just as much fun as all the guys with fairings)

And as far as that argument about naked-riders not riding much.. I probably ride as much or more than anyone on this thread. I ride year round on my naked bike, and put almost 15,000 miles on the SV last year.

As I already said, fairings on a touring bike are one exception for the street. No, your gsxr with clip-ons, 520 conversion and brand stickers plastered all over your plastic is not a touring bike. It's a wannabe bike unless you're at the track.

this is not an argument about which one is better. Fairings have their place for sure. Unfortunately, virtually everyone I see riding around on faired bikes are posers, and the arguments thrown up on this thread don't help their cause.

And naked bikes are just cooler. :p They're raw, they're to the core of motorcycling and there's no false-pretense.

^MAN I want that headlight!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry Lads, didn't realise the Sheen machine was done. I was merely stating my preference on bike coverings until it was suggested that I prefer boys' bottoms. Try this for off-beat.

Sweet, but pointless. I'd still rock that around town!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I was merely stating my preference on bike coverings until it was suggested that I prefer boys' bottoms.
No way man, we stole that word back from the homosexuals long ago :D
*Weird trike thing snipped*
You've got me knackered with that one though.... wtf is that, how the hell do you get it around a corner??

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
As I already said, fairings on a touring bike are one exception for the street. No, your gsxr with clip-ons, 520 conversion and brand stickers plastered all over your plastic is not a touring bike. It's a wannabe bike unless you're at the track.
So, your theory is that the laws of fluid dynamics apply differently depending on what type of bike you are on?

Well, at least I'm only half a poser, since my SVS only has half a fairing.

11561 - 11580 of 22075 Posts