Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11541 - 11560 of 22071 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Deep down, everyone knows nakeds are just plain cooler.
Unless you are on a race track trying to squeeze another 2km/h out of it by the end of the straight - and that's the only concession fairings will get from me.

Has anyone watched Jim Carey on the whatsit? Ducati in Yes Man while the soundtrack goes from four cylinders to two and back to four and ... I couldn't keep up.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Hey - all of us are poseurs compared to someone else who's more hardcore.

I would certainly rock this beauty:

+1,000, though the red zip ties on the frame would have to be switched out with black. ;D

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Fair and Naked

The 916/748's are definitely classic icons, there, I think that's a concession. But I'd rather drop a monster. Likewise the Daytona vs a Speed Triple. And too, a CB1000R circa 83 vs a DOHC900 cafe. Oggy knobs are so much better looking than fairings when you're opening your wallet during damage therapy.

Compare the look of a 916's engine to a 750SS roundcase. Fairings don't encourage visually beautiful engineering. Hardcore race machines look sort of beautiful in a narrowed, functional way, but I could never afford the time (let alone the money) to race.

Why hide the engine? It's such a big part of the whole kickass-power-in-an-affordable-vehicle-attitude that bikes are all about to me. And when I play with kickarse power, things get bent and busted. I don't want to include fairings in that equation.

Doing a whole 916 in CF is sheer insanity.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

More vintage Kawasaki perfection from Japanese custom house, Bull Dock ...

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Enough chattering girls .. lets get down to some serious picture posting.

My fav ...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
yep. Nakeds are still cooler. Fairings are for the race track, or for posers. The only other possible exception would be touring bikes.. if you can't handle the wind that is.
Compare the look of a 916's engine to a 750SS roundcase. Fairings don't encourage visually beautiful engineering. Hardcore race machines look sort of beautiful in a narrowed, functional way, but I could never afford the time (let alone the money) to race.

Why hide the engine? It's such a big part of the whole kickass-power-in-an-affordable-vehicle-attitude that bikes are all about to me. And when I play with kickarse power, things get bent and busted. I don't want to include fairings in that equation.
You'd better start another thread for that cause I could spend all day refuting that bollocks. Screw wind blast, and screw having to clean all bugs out of hard to get into areas. Naked bikes are only good for slow**** who don't ride much.

11541 - 11560 of 22071 Posts