Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

6881 - 6900 of 22075 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I suppose.

But why go to all that trouble to make big HP out of a 2 cycle and then put on a heavy restrictive muffler from a 4 stroke?

I bet the motor is from a CRF150R or something.
Why go to the trouble is a reduntant question, this is a $55,000 project, that's Ducati Desmosedici money.

"Barbagallo started with a basic Mito, with a 125cc, two-stroke engine that only produced 15bhp. The engine capacity was then increased to 200cc and a supercharger and NOS system were fitted to the bike. The Scorpion Performance Mito now packs 90 horsepower, which should be absolutely awesome in a machine that still only weighs 100 kilos (220 pounds)!"

If you want to read the original article http://www.motoblog.it/post/19464/mito-scorpion-performance-sovralimentata-da-90-cv-per-100-kg, brush up on your Italian!:D

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Why go to the trouble is a reduntant question, this is a $55,000 project, that's Ducati Desmosedici money.

"Barbagallo started with a basic Mito, with a 125cc, two-stroke engine that only produced 15bhp. The engine capacity was then increased to 200cc and a supercharger and NOS system were fitted to the bike. The Scorpion Performance Mito now packs 90 horsepower, which should be absolutely awesome in a machine that still only weighs 100 kilos (220 pounds)!"

If you want to read the original article http://www.motoblog.it/post/19464/mito-scorpion-performance-sovralimentata-da-90-cv-per-100-kg, brush up on your Italian!:D
I just read it! Wow! I stand corrected (although I still dont understand the pipe)

I wonder how long the rods last before the inevitable?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

Voxan -- what it should have looked like.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

Part 2

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I just read it! Wow! I stand corrected (although I still dont understand the pipe)

I wonder how long the rods last before the inevitable?
I wonder if they expect us to believe that they're actually getting 450hp/liter out of that engine.

I understand, it's a 2-stroke, and it's got 2 power adders, but it still stretches credibility.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I wonder if they expect us to believe that they're actually getting 450hp/liter out of that engine.

I understand, it's a 2-stroke, and it's got 2 power adders, but it still stretches credibility.
90 peak HP at the flywheel... for 1RPM in the powerband, I'm sure. :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

90 peak HP at the flywheel... for 1RPM in the powerband, I'm sure. :)

:deadhorse:

Too many words, not enough pictures of Cafe/2Stroke/Single/Twin/Brit/Euro/Cool Bikes!

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Not a great pic, but it's interesting to know that you can now build an entire Vincent Black Shadow from new parts:

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Daytona 675 Fighter --

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
A collection of Sbarro-style hubless wheels:

And from the upcoming movie Tron Legacy:

6881 - 6900 of 22075 Posts