Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
22021 - 22040 of 22076 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
This is my old 2003 Ducati 620S. Has some powder coating done and got a custom paint job. I got the fairings back the day before we headed out to Daytona Bike Week, which is where this pic was taken. I loved this bike and planned to keep it regardless of what other bikes came and went. However, some a-hole didn't care about my plans and stole it a couple years ago. I had it for 4-1/2 years and put on 33k miles while I had it.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Some beautiful work there, Boldor. Do you know the provenance of that last CB900? :)

·
Super Moderator
7,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Sorry Syscrush. If it strays across my path again, I will tag you.
Haha, I know it - it's a Toronto bike. I was asking if you know it! ;D

It was built by Rob C, who started this very forum, and who pops in now and then with the handle origin8or.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
You'd be forgiven for thinking I have gone nuts for Sixes - I haven't they must be in vogue or sommit, I am getting bulk pics of them ATM.
More info here.

This is quite a build, kinda ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous. Incredible attention to detail and a pretty wild spec! I was pleased and impressed to see that those are bona-fide carbon pieces and not a wrap. I'm not a big fan of 17" wheels on vintage bikes generally, but when they're super sweet forged pieces like that, I have to approve.

So much done so well/right on that machine - including starting with a Pro-Link basket case. Funny that as a K&N rep he has to ditch the airbox when those open designs work so poorly with the stock carbs. I would have thought a K&N rep would have the intel to swap to some flatslides if he wants to run pods. And that DG pipe looks the biz, but apparently they're very prone to a bad midrange flat spot. Kinda funny to see those kinds of corners cut on a machine with such an outrageous budget.

22021 - 22040 of 22076 Posts