Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
How about the retraining that would be required to operate a twist-clutch? I've never tried one, but it would seem a bit awkward, as you are simultaneously twisting the throttle with one hand and the clutch with the other. I would imagine your brain might have a hard time separating and synchronizing those to movements.
I'm pretty sure the clutch twists in the same direction so you would be rolling off of one while rolling on the other. Seems pretty intuituve to me.

Of course, I've never ridden one before so I could be completely wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
I'll say this about the other thread, I don't understand the stress about reposts - the thing's going to be 1200 pages long before xmas, and I feel self-conscious throwing up something that appeared back on page 25.

I mean, I agree that it's not good to have people posting the same 5 bikes over and over again in a tight loop, but I do think that if something last appeared 100+ pages ago it should be fair game - as long as you don't get people mining the thread itself and reposting their faves.

And I don't get the bickering about what is or isn't cool. Someone posted a bunch of ratbikes and a couple of people flipped on him.

Of course, we all have our own nitpicks - I hate seeing photos quoted - it adds so much clutter. I do it when I have questions or comments about a specific photo and there's no identifying text in the original post, but I feel a bit dirty about it.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm pretty sure I haven't been through every page, so I probably wouldn't know a repost if it bit me on the ass. I agree with your stance.

What's cool? A picture of a motorbike! Well, except for some of Harley/chopper stuff that shows up. For the life of me I just cannot understand the allure of those things. I might be a little scarred, though. In 1995 I spent a summer at Fort Benning. We had weekends off and I would go visit a friend in Atlanta. His roommate was out of the country, so I rode his 883 Sportster around. It was just gawd-awful. To be fair, not all of that was the manufacturer's fault. Dude wasn't much for maintenance, apparently.

I can appreciate the skill and engineering that went into something like the Black Bull, but I can't help but wonder people like that could do if they set their mind to building something a little more, um standard (UJM-like)?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts