Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.

Not to keen on the o-ring trick as there is too much a gap between the grip and end weight.

Any throttle locks out there that work?

On my ducati I had a hole drilled in the cable housing that was tapped with a screw in it. You could put drag on the throttle by running that screw in a little bit. Anyone try this?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
NEP or Vista Cruise

They work well and are pretty cheap.

If you don't mind spending money ($125) the Throttlemeister is pretty slick. It replaces the bar end, you set it by rotating it. I prefer thumb locks (NEP or Vista Cruise, $15 to $20) but some folks do like the Throttlemeister.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks andy

I will search up those you posted on the intraweb.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've been using the o-ring method for 5 years and it works well. I tie a little zip tie around the oring and cut most of the end off to give me a little tab to pull it out of the gap while riding. It's cheap and easy and it works.

N

·
0 Posts
I've had good luck with the NEP throttle lock. I tried the Vista Cruise (the cheaper one, not the chrome universal model) but could get it to work without any drag when it wasn't in use. YRMV...

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My vote goes to NEP. Had one on my '02 SV650 - easy installation and worked great. Put one on my '03 SV1000S - installation was more involved, but now works great too.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts