Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People keep recommending the SV as a beginer bike and while it's MUCH better than the typical super sport for beginners, it's still quite torquey and therefore potentially dangerous for the novice. The Ninja 250 has been the bike I recommend to new users but it was ugly, then it looked great. Now it looks even better AND has more POWER aND a slipper clutch! I say, in a couple years when the used market starts exploding, I think THIS will be the bike to get for new riders! What you think?

http://youtu.be/6dN4aLTYWWw

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
People keep recommending the SV as a beginer bike and while it's MUCH better than the typical super sport for beginners, it's still quite torquey and therefore potentially dangerous for the novice. The Ninja 250 has been the bike I recommend to new users but it was ugly, then it looked great. Now it looks even better AND has more POWER aND a slipper clutch! I say, in a couple years when the used market starts exploding, I think THIS will be the bike to get for new riders! What you think?

http://youtu.be/6dN4aLTYWWw
That link looked funny. Maybe this:

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
I just don't think,first bikes should be covered in expensive plastic.
Pretty hard to escape now days.

·
Registered
688 Posts
+1 my first was a ninja 250...covered in plastic (ugly plastic no less) It was smashed to pieces ... so i got it cheap.

That's why :) broken plastic = instantly 80% discount hahaha

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
One of the reasons why I think motards are awesome bikes for beginners.

If Kawasaki did the 300cc treatment on the thumper KLX250SF, now that would be a fun city bike (although there are big bore kits already available):

I think the Ninjette 300 will be a great starter / city-commuter bike.... once they're on the used market for <$2000. Any beginner riders buying those new are just softening up the price for a more frugal rider down the road.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My first bike was a KLR250! LOVED IT!! Bulletproof bike for a beginner and even after I still liked it. :)

One of the reasons why I think motards are awesome bikes for beginners.

If Kawasaki did the 300cc treatment on the thumper KLX250SF, now that would be a fun city bike (although there are big bore kits already available):

I think the Ninjette 300 will be a great starter / city-commuter bike.... once they're on the used market for <$2000. Any beginner riders buying those new are just softening up the price for a more frugal rider down the road.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I'd go klr before the ninja. Versatility.

Actually gonna sell my 2 stroke dirt bike and pick up a street legal. My son is getting close to that age, he's been talking to me about riding school and such. Weird!!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'd go klr before the ninja. Versatility.

Actually gonna sell my 2 stroke dirt bike and pick up a street legal. My son is getting close to that age, he's been talking to me about riding school and such. Weird!!
That's awesome :rock: I picked up & fixed an old CR80 for my nieces to learn on, can't wait until they're old enough for us to go on proper trail rides together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts