Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my SV a few years ago and finding this site, it has definately changed my life. I've met some great people and still meet more on almost every ride I go on!

This was prolly asked before but, how has SVR brought you together with the local riders in your area?

For example... WI and MN have sort of come together...http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159177

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Unfortunately yes, but I love them anyway.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigham..your avatar pics are still disturbing!! You prolly shouldn't post pics of your kin without their say so.... :lmao:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Wish there were more N MI members. I have met some really great people thru this. I've invited some up here, contacted others when travelling, and chatted with a few thru my HammerGrips sales.

It was pretty funny that in downtown Indy, flooded with bikes during MotoGP weekend, I spot an SV with HammerGrips. Too cool! It was nucular and I got to meet a few others and hang out with them. It was because of 03RumbleBee that I had a ticket and was even there.

(so yea, BOTH my friends are from here :icon_biggrin:)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Bigham..your avatar pics are still disturbing!! You prolly shouldn't post pics of your kin without their say so.... :lmao:
To know me is to love me!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wish there were more N MI members.
I'm Michigan bound at the end of august for MetroCruise! Going to visit my folks near Manistee. I have a Harley meeting up with me in TN for the ride to MetroCruise...but riding solo the rest of the time I'm there.

I haven't come across any SVs in my immediate area here, but I know some of y'all aren't far off.

Anyone here ever go to OldTown or Renningers? I go once in a while to each, but wouldn't know if I'd bumped into anyone from here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
After getting my SV a few years ago and finding this site, it has definately changed my life. I've met some great people and still meet more on almost every ride I go on!

This was prolly asked before but, how has SVR brought you together with the local riders in your area?

For example... WI and MN have sort of come together...http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159177
It hasn't..at all.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
After joining an R1 forum, I have a completely new appreciation for SVR.

Seriously.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
are we better or worse?

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
This place is a ******* oasis of knowledge and support compared to the R1 forum.

I'm moderately ashamed that I even own an R1 after visiting that place.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
The MD SVHavers have been brought together, for better or for ill, because of this site. We hold semi-regular Maintenance Days, which typically will gather 6-30 SV's in mine or Lew's driveway for a day of maintenance, burgers, dogs, and the occasional smashed finger/destroyed caliper.

For some reason these idiots look to me for mechanical advice. Owning the tools doesn't grant me knowledge. Just an empty wallet.

Like this one:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155903

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'm Michigan bound at the end of august for MetroCruise! Going to visit my folks near Manistee. I have a Harley meeting up with me in TN for the ride to MetroCruise...but riding solo the rest of the time I'm there.

Wow, sounds like quite a ride. :vroom: Let me know if you need anything when you get up this way. (have tools, tire changer/balancer, etc.)

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
down here in florida weve had two little rallys, and so far have gone to 2 trackdays together. hoping for alot more down here too.

as far as this site in general, it has taught me how to be a better rider. theres alot of good guys and girls on this site that i would really not mind meeting in person at some point in my life.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I dont have friends so I hang out here.

I did learn a lot of technical knowledge and I like to share my family photos too.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Yep 3yrs ago I found an svr rider with an sv1000 about 45 min from my house, been friends ever since :) great guy. Also went out with other sv riders like Cfreger (craig) and dadivdowns2000 (david). Great people indeed :)
Plus a bunch of other people met at rallies. This site, and the people here are really great.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Met some really great people thanks to SVR and looking forward to meeting even more!

I don't think I would have even attempted tearing into my SV this winter without this site. Just knowing the knowledge and support was here made it so much easier to start pulling parts off. I knew if I broke it, lost it, or couldn't get it back together again someone would be able to help! :)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
The people at last years rally could not believe how good I looked in person!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts