1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
850 Posts
With stock forks you risk bottoming out.

If you don't also lower the rear ride height by the same amount you'll severely decrease trail, possibly causing unstable steering geometry.

I've lowered my bike 1" both at the rear and triple, and run clip-ons above the triple with no problem for over 3 months. I have 0.8 kg/mm spring in the forks along with emulators.

With a curvy why not just buy a naked upper triple? They are swap-able between the S and N, unlike the gen 2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aparentley u have to change the whole tree due to offset difrences or is this only with the gen 2? as iv not found it very clear on that side of it
as far as the rear goes i had a look as the rear pre-load and its only a couple of notckes off lowest mark
for asthetics i would like the to raise the preload to jack the rear up abit but unsure how the handeling would suffer.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I know with the gen 2 the offsets are different so you have to replace both.

not sure about the first gen, I remmber seeing a few threads and tried searching but they must have some weird title as I couldn't find anything.

I swapped both triples on my Gen 2 and then sold my stock stuff. Cost me about $100 after all said and done, you can do a search under my name to get details on the swap, but then again its all the 2nd gen.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Offset is the same on both S and N on the first gens.
Don't just raise the tubes 25mm, you will slam the sliders into the lower triple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts