Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SV650
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as it says she's my first. I've only had it for about a month now but only this past week hopped on it. I've always wanted a bike but never did i think it be something soo... Heart racing 💘. I clean parking lots as a living it's getting a check at least. Anyway I saw this bike just sitting in a parking lot for awhile and for some odd reason I felt the need to leave a note asking about it. So it sat a week and I decided to look at it closer and leave the note. I can tell It had been laid down, but it was real minor. I have so much to learn on it. But as I was saying he messaged me and said he got the message and THAT IT WAS ALL MINE....😳 he said that the key is in it all I had to do was pick it up and that he'll send me the title in the mail since he's in the process of moving. Turns out it was the Tuesday before he laid it down and being that he was in the military and being transferred he didn't have time to take it or mess with it so he just gave me the bike....❤ I think it is a S or naked. I'm not sure fully yet but like I said I've got alote to learn 😎❤ I love the bike as is but I intend on updating it as time goes. If course on pictures I will send some on here? I've only rode it's four or five times
But I do respect it for the danger it is 😎🏍❤
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I hope it's a good one for you and the SV650 is a new rider's dream machine as they are very forgiving and easy to ride.

Whatever you decide get a good Motorcycle safety course under your belt :)

You will get all the help you need on this forum as it's one of the best I've ever subscribed to :D

PS

I love SV650s in that Yellow

Reactions: URBANJUNGLE

·
Registered
2005 SV650
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have much experience but yes I honestly do plan on getting a course and full coverage insurance and health insurance. I just gotta get to know it better before I go for a course lol it's I guess a nervous or embarrassment thing I'm not sure. But like I said I respect it for beast it is. 🤣 I can't wait to see it at 750 🤤 with the full body kit on it. The naked is nice but I've always loved the look of the face of some so I don't plan on leaving it naked I'll take pictures of it now as of being laid down 🏍. I'm actually in the process of tightening the chain rn lol I wanna get a longer set of arms on the back and extend it about a inch
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Yeah, it's an N that somebody has shoved the fork tubes up and put aftermarket clip ons on. Normal riding it should be good, but beware, front dropped that much it could do some funky s**t out of the blue.
And forget that.>> "I wanna get a longer set of arms on the back and extend it about a inch". That's a for sure way to get it to handle like a three legged pig.. ;)

·
Registered
2005 SV650
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's an N that somebody has shoved the fork tubes up and put aftermarket clip ons on. Normal riding it should be good, but beware, front dropped that much it could do some funky s**t out of the blue.
And forget that.>> "I wanna get a longer set of arms on the back and extend it about a inch". That's a for sure way to get it to handle like a three legged pig.. ;)
What do you mean funky stuff if I may ask

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
What do you mean funky stuff if I may ask
Drop that front end too much and they become prone to headshake and sometimes like to wash out the front wheel with very little to no warning. A little bit (I have the tubes up 5mm on mine) is good as it will help it turn in to a corner a slight bit quicker. But, there comes a point where it goes past better and starts becoming worse..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Forget about the lengthened arms or the fairing kit. Especially on that bike. It doesn’t have the power to NEED a longer swingarm. You should get it mechanically ‘good’, take your course and get some experience on it, then sell it when you’re ready for the sportbike you seem to want. Just remember, all too easy to kill yourself, even on this one.

And I hope you get that title, but that’s a pretty well-done story. “I’ll get it to you next week.” “Been busy.” “Just haven’t found it yet.” Though it never materializes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Blitzbear,

As mentioned before you should make sure to pursue a title in your name with your local dmv. I hope the previous owner is 100% on the level.

You should be able to find access to the service manual for your motorcycle by searching this site. It has a ton info and specific procedures for inspection and repairs. Using this site's search function should also cover a lot of basics.

Safe Journeys,
-jt

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1 on the Motorcycle Safety Course. Go for the beginner course to start with. They will supply the smaller displacement, super easy to ride bikes, and will build a very solid foundation of skills.

Get a year or so under your belt, and go back for the advance course, where you will learn more advance skills such as pot hole and road debris avoidance, and how to recover when you over cook a turn. (the group that I ride with practices at least some of these skills each time we ride).

You are smart to take your time 'fixing up your bike'. Standard handlebars, and dropping the fork tubes will go a long way to help comfort and control. Extending your swing arm is a bad idea. The tank can be replace for not much money. Ask questions!

Congratulations, you have a great bike to start on!

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,568 Posts
If it were me, I would put some normal handlebars on it. That would make it easier to ride, especially for a new rider.
For standard handlebars he would need to replace the top S triple clamp to an N clamp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts