Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Dallas; friend of mine (Chris_Reed) is in Tulsa. We're planning on riding to Jasper together and would like to see if anyone wants to join.

Our planned is to meet in Checotah, OK at 11am, take I-40 (near) Ozark, AR where we get on the Pig Trail (23) north to Brashears. From there we'll take 16 west through Red Star, Fallsville, Nail, and over to 7, then take 7 north into Jasper.

Dallas to Checotah is about 3.5hrs. I plan on leaving DFW at 7am, which should put me in Checotah at around 10:30am (11am at the latest). Tulsa to Checotah is just over an hour - Chris is going to leave Tulsa at 9:30am and should arrive in Checotah at 10:45am or so.

We can have lunch in Checotah, or ride the hour to Ft. Smith where there's a bit better selection of grubbery. Ft. Smith to Jasper is right at 3 hours. Assuming we leave Checotah by 11am and stop for lunch in Ft. Smith, we should get to Jasper by 5pm. This'll leave plenty of time to get settled in and have dinner before sundown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....792197,-93.440781&spn=0.394333,0.617981&z=11

Edited for route update.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be sure and read that thread thoroughly. If you want a t-shirt, you'll need to pay ShaneB the registration fee. You will also need to reserve a room at The Hub. Chris and I have a double room reserved for Thrusday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I'm sure we could upgrade to a triple if you'd like to split the cost. It's $65/night for the triple room, which equates to $65 per person TOTAL for all three days.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We pay when we arrive at The Hub. Will need confirmation that you'll be staying so we can let The Hub know in advance.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View this thread for pictures from last year's fall rally.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I'm planning on coming up Thursday after work with the kiddo. We'll be hauling our bike this time. I'm lazy. :D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Her and what hammer? :nana:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Teri is gonna big a BFH just for your bike, Brian.

Is Charles coming this year Teri, or is it just you and the kiddo?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Teri is gonna big a BFH just for your bike, Brian.

Is Charles coming this year Teri, or is it just you and the kiddo?
He'll be there but I don't think he can get off work on Friday. So he'll have to ride up after working that day.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What kind of luggage would you suggest for a quick fix to attend this rally?

Right now I just use a back pack with extra tools. I could probably fit an extra set of clothes in it but I'm thinking I will need more than that so I'm looking for a quick fix to have me ready to go by May.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Have you not ever been to a midsouth rally? The reason I ask is the very first rally we had there was a guy from Dallas named Andrew who rode a cooper.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts