Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went down on a Buell Blast on Friday. What a pile of crap! I was ridin this particular test section of curves, one that Ive ridden the dynaglide, sportster, XB9 on, and I was taking a corner and slammed the footpeg into the ground. No ground clearance to corner at all, wasnt even pushing it. Busted the bike up good on the right side, and I got a few scrapes but thats about it. You dont get fired for it, they just say ride within your limits AND the bikes llimitations. Ive been there for a week, and you start to feel it. Its grueling, fast paced, and we are putting these bikes thru crap that no Harley rider would ever do to his own bike. They told us that for every 1 mile we put on the bike during testing, its 5 miles in the real world. Its hardcore. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
127 Posts
glad your ok, and that your enjoyin the job. and in my opinion, that bike got what it deserved! lol. ugggly

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. My question is: Do they even listen to you when you give them input, such as " This bike is garbage and the designer should be castrated ! " ????

BTW, how was the XB series ? How does the 9R compare to the 12 ??

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Holy smokes that was a dramatic title - I thought someone was dead.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Awesome, I rode an XB9R and it was pretty cool, very vibratey and felt way differrnt than the SV

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
yeah, what slave said. I mean, I guess that's what your there for, right? to tell them if its garbage?

oh...and was it a problem that you wrecked it? like, a stern talking to or warning? I would think if you explained that it was due to crappy design, they would actually be kinda thankful that you found a design flaw...right?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the biggest problem I see with these bikes is the ergonomics. A turn signal on each side that you cant even reach ( and I have big hands ), indicator lights you cant see in the daylight. heavy clutch pull, ignition is in three different spots on three different bikes, ground clearance problems on all, one position seats. not to mention the footpeg position sucks on a lot of them. Its a fun job, but its hot! City course testing practically burns your thigh! It was a 103F today and but Im on a bike, whether it is a Harley or not. When I hop on my bike after work, its like mom's home cookin. Never give up the SV. We have a lot of paperwork after the shift and I have plenty of comments that tear down their dinosours with out insulting. Testing on the V-Rod is definately going to make some changes. That bike looks good, but not very many guys like to do the testing. They pretty much made a rigid sporster that has horsepower and thats it, all other categories it fails. Test ride one at a shop and you will see.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
wow i was interested in buell for a while but maybe not after this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
B.a. said:
wow i was interested in buell for a while but maybe not after this.
He tested the Blast!! ;D I get three bike mags and all rave about the new Ulysses.Please give the guy credit for squeezing 83 hp from sporster engine in addition of making some real unique designs particular to Buells.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts