Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't tell if this guy was riding in Europe or the US at first, and after a few seconds looks like both...

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Yellow lines and skills training are just suggestions, really...

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
It's not clear to me what happened to cause him to fall.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks like he was riding way past his skill level. Was he trying to keep up with the bikes ahead? His throttle control sucked...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would call him lucky he didn't get hit by a car or hit a tree & rip his body in half.

Reckless kid...

·
very big dumb
8,892 Posts
His throttle control sucked...
just the throttle control? i'd say the whole thing.

he was basically bolt upright and afraid to corner any harder, got spooked by the corner tightening up and stood up for no reason.
though the crash specifically was caused by front brake in the dirt. he could have switched to the rear and rode it out. actually, he could have even come to a complete stop before running out of pavement.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks like he was riding way past his skill level. Was he trying to keep up with the bikes ahead? His throttle control sucked...
That's it...and he has no clue how to set up or execute a corner. Hate to say it but it was sort of comical.

That's a great vid for everyone (especially noobs) to see.

·
Registered
546 Posts
YouTube description says he was trying to catch the other riders... and approx a mile up the road one of the other two that were racing crashed a lot worse.

I work at UT Medical Center in Knoxville and we get kids like this in every week from the Dragon. 99% of them were "trying to keep up" with friends or other riders. Most of the time they are relatively easy to treat though (broken wrist, maybe some rash).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks like a whole lot of lucky right there. His speedo peaked at 90mph, right before he went down it was 29ish. That could have been a whole lot worse.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blew right by that orange sign that told him it was a tight corner.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
:facepalm:

That kid is ridiculously lucky that he had a relatively flat runoff space and that there wasn't a car around the bend.

Why he is riding an R6 is beyond me. Why anyone that purchases a motorcycle doesn't take it to the track to tune up their riding skills is beyond me. It's cheaper than a ticket and you can ride with people that are of similar skill level.

It was an easier corner. I could have taken that close to 100mph on my SV without breaking a sweat.

Just wow. Too many squids out there.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
That's what happens when you ride fast on an unfamiliar road. A tiny crest, one second of not seeing how tight the upcoming corner is and you're on your a55, because by the time you see the corner, you're already heading straight on, and it's way too late to do anything.

A similar video was posted on reddit (in /r/motorcycles) but this guy had a passanger, riding way too fast on slippery roads. It's ponderous to me, are people really this dumb when they are in their late teens?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Could have been much worse. Roads look like here in US. From the video i think he panicked when he could not figure out the corner... The rest of the group might have known the road, which would definitely assist their speed in this situation...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts