Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new fan that I've tested to 12V and it works but its yet to kick on with the bike running and I've seen the temp go up to 208.. The red dash light (oil temp I think) is on the WHOLE time the bike is running.. So how hot does it have to get for the fan to turn on.? and what makes this red light go out.?
Also my dash has 'FI' lit up all the time too, is that normal.?
Yesterday was my first ride on this bike after putting it back together from a crash (bought it that way) so I'm a bit unfamiliar.. Thanks for any help, Joe

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I got a new fan that I've tested to 12V and it works but its yet to kick on with the bike running and I've seen the temp go up to 208.. The red dash light (oil temp I think) is on the WHOLE time the bike is running.. So how hot does it have to get for the fan to turn on.? and what makes this red light go out.?
Also my dash has 'FI' lit up all the time too, is that normal.?
Yesterday was my first ride on this bike after putting it back together from a crash (bought it that way) so I'm a bit unfamiliar.. Thanks for any help, Joe
SHOULD COME ON RIGHT AROUND 217, GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DEGREES

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats helpfull info, thanks.. Any idea why the red light stays on, or the 'FI' .?
thanks again, Joe

·
Registered
165 Posts
I left my air temp sensor unplugged that goes into the air box one time. It tripped the FI light. You can make a "Dealer tool" and see what the code is. You can find the list of codes on the internet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well thats helpfull info, thanks.. Any idea why the red light stays on, or the 'FI' .?
thanks again, Joe
The red light and FI means the ECU (engine computer) is throwing out an error code with the fuel injection system. Best to look up the code by throwing the bike into dealer mode to see what the problem is. This is relatively simple and can find the directions for doing so in the TPS adjustment procedure.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i thought it didn't come till 246' or something, mine's gone to 218 in traffic in mid Aug before we started moving again and it went back to high 190's - to low 180's, didn't hear the fan come on...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the 'FI' and the red light problem were both my fault as I left one vacuume line and one electrical plug off when re-installing the airbox.. Its all perfect now with no strange things lit up on the dash.. I appreciate all the help and info.. All it took was me actually reading the owners manual..
thanks, Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts