Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i changed the coolant on my 03 650 the temp gauge has been fluctuating alot. Goes from 176-189-199-207 back down and maintains around 180 then goes back up and all that when im just staying at a constant speed or not pushing the bike. This never happened with the old coolant but with the old coolant my bike was running around the average temp of around 202. Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
That's a common indicator of air in the system. Pop the rad cap off and pinch/rub/caress the radiator lines and get as much of the bubbling out as you can (you'll probably have to keep filling it back up as more air is released).

·
Premium Member
4,845 Posts
If it is air in the radiator, the correct way to get it out is to lean the bike from side to side with the radiator cap on (bike cool). Take the cap off, add coolant. Lean bike from side to side; add coolant. Do this until no more air comes out.

After a few days, check the level in the reservoir (overflow) and add coolant to the full line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been doing that. I got some more air bubbles out but it still fluctuates just a tad. goes from 180 to 190 then back down to 173. Ill do this when again when i get out of the office =) thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
8,945 Posts
... goes from 180 to 190 then back down to 173.
If it does that in a steady cycle, every 30 seconds or so, that is characteristic of the SV650 cooling system (normal). What is the temperature outside when it is doing this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts