Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a Techlusion how do they work? I know they only will richen the fuel mix from the stock map but are there any drawbacks on this. Also has anyone ran with one on a dyno i am kinda interested to see what type of gains you get from them if any at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its just another remaping tool much like the power commander, or like a rejet on an older carb bike. I cant speak much for how they work specificly, but here are the basics as I understand it.

If you have modified the bike to allow it to get way more air through the intake, and through the exhaust, then you may need to richen the fuel mix to match your modifications otherwise you may be running way lean.

Remaping alone wont do that much, its just what you have to do to balance other modifications.

Should be plenty of info available if you can get the search to work too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have a tfi box on my tls and it works well. it's sends it signal post ecu and is only capable of adding fuel to the mix. the claim is that it wouldn't ever be necessary to subtract fuel from the stock signal. it's cool because you can ride around and stop on the side of the road and tweak it according to what your ass dyno says. i kind of prefer them to pc's and yosh box. be sure to flash the ecu back to stock before using if you've yosh boxed it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Main disadvantage of the techlusion from my point of view is that it's hard to get it right! It doesn't come with a computerprogram, like the PowerCommander, which can be used to set up the module. So it's rather a trial-and-error method which you'll have to use and it's very hard to "feel" if it's set correct. My ass can't measure air-fuel ratio's. :wink:

T

·
0 Posts
if your ass can't measure air/fuel mixture how you set it up with power comander?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll bring my bike to a Dynojet Tuning center and have them make a custom map for me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So the techlusion box works as well as the power commander or the yosh box(is there more flat spots)? I have a slip-on and i was considering pulling my snorkel out this spring will the techlusion box if set up correctly work well for me? Are the techlusion boxes cheaper than the pc IIIs. I'm looking for a cheap alternative to the $270 pc III. Also who is a good online retailer. Thanks...

Daniel

Y

·
0 Posts
Drowe said:
So the techlusion box works as well as the power commander or the yosh box(is there more flat spots)? I have a slip-on and i was considering pulling my snorkel out this spring will the techlusion box if set up correctly work well for me? Are the techlusion boxes cheaper than the pc IIIs. I'm looking for a cheap alternative to the $270 pc III. Also who is a good online retailer. Thanks...

Daniel
Dont forget to include your dyno and tuning time to the mix for PCIII... honestly once youre done with your mods, do a PCIII have it mapped, and call it good... Cheap alternatives are not in my vocab on the other hand.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, if you do end up going with the techlusion, the cheapest place I have found is http://www.58cycle.com/ I think I am goign to order one myself along with a K&N. Im pretty sureif you spend over $200 at that site, shipping is free.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TWF said:
isn't that how you would do with any other device?
You've got a point there. :D But i think the Powercommander is more easy to set up for a tuner because it's a common product to adjust the fuel mixture. Therefore he has more experience with it and get's it done easier.

The adjustments on the techlusion have to be made on 4 some sort of pods with a small screw driver. And major disadvantage of the Techlusion: you can't set the fuel mixture leaner. Sounds weird, but I happen to have a bike with aftermarket system which runs to rich. :lol:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Knaapie said:
The adjustments on the techlusion have to be made on 4 some sort of pods with a small screw driver. And major disadvantage of the Techlusion: you can't set the fuel mixture leaner. Sounds weird, but I happen to have a bike with aftermarket system which runs to rich. :lol:
Sounds more like you have a problem with some thing on the intake side...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I emailed Techlusion for some info on settings for the '03 SV650 and thought I'd share the information they sent me:

this product is a stage one electronic jet kit. it will work on stock to a medium performance build(heads, cams, air cleaner, exhaust) this device gives you the ability to richen the mixture on your fuel injection. there's nothing leaner than a stock motorcycle at idle and cruise, having said that the TFI can take a stock bike and richen the mixture to a level of best lean torque which is too rich for federal emissions but makes the bike run cooler, smoother and have more throttle response. peak horsepower is achieved from full throttle high rpm. the federal emissions regulations don't apply to that part of the performance. they only regulate the amount of emissions at cruise and idle. just about all the manufactures are giving enough fuel at that point of the power curve, so basically we don't boast big peak horsepower increases unless you have modified the engines requirements for fuel(air cleaner, exhaust, cams, heads)we didn't use a dyno for measuring increases, we used high speed five gas analyzer. SAE measures Best Lean Torque at cruise is 3% Carbon Monoxide and Best Mean Power at full throttle and rpm is 6% Carbon Monoxide. when you achieve these numbers you have insured the best fuel mixture for that engine which always results in more power and greater throttle response.

having said that we never see good results from only opening up one end of the engine.
i will give you settings for a stock bike but until the air box is opened up(K&N,etc) you arent' going to see the full potential of the exhaust. which won't use any more fuel than stock.

green 2:30 o'clock
yellow 3:00 o'clock
red 1:30 o'clock
rpm 7:30 o'clock

with aftermarket air cleaner

green 2:30 o'clock
yellow 4:30 o'clock
red 2:30 o'clock
rpm 7:30 o'clock

pay no attention to any markings on the dials. treat the dials like a wall clock and set the arrow to the clock positions recommended.

for example: 2:30 will be your best guess for in between 2:00 and 3:00 o'clock.

hope this helps out and have a great ride
George Levings
Sales/Tech Support Manager
Dobeck Performance
401 Jackrabbit Ln.
Belgrade, MT 59714
877-764-3337
www.dobeckperformance.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sterling, what kind of exhaust are you running on your bike? Thanks for the info, I think I'll be setting mine to those numbers when I get it installed in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
what about timeing ? how do you deal with that ? with this techlusion??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all of the replies but i still have no idea wich i am going to get. i need to get my bike re mapped asap does anyone know if you can get the stock maps changed with out adding any funky boxes or anything????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, bring it in to a Suzuki dealer, they can create a custom map for you. I think I was quoted $120 here in Michigan for a map. The downside to this is that every time you add another performace mod to your bike, you may need to change your mapping again. Of course, the dealer will charge you another $120 for a new map :wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought you could do that but the ignorant dealer here said you have to buy a power commander.... and im not up for spending the cash for a pc for at least 3 weeks. Im going to call the other shops in town to see if they will do it for me. Then i think i may be springing for the factory pro teka i think that should be better worth the extra $$ and i can program on the fly at any of the sport bike nights here since there is a dyno at every one pretty much for $10 per run or just by the butt dyno.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts