Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else going? I'm riding from Manchester, NH, leaving 6am.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
No, but I AM going to the Penguin racing school the next Friday! I'll also be down there Labor Day, pit-crewing for the Vintage races. It's going to be a helluva weekend.
I see Tony's Trackdays doesn't allow vintage bikes any more. I might have to bring the SV to one of those next season, if I get a new (Tiger?) street bike.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi George,

Tony's track days are very well run, I'm trying Team Daemon this time because of a schedule conflict with Tony's day on 8/23 (and at the recommendation of ancosta). Penguin should be great, too, if not as much riding. What do you have for a vintage bike, and where have you been hiding it? :)

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I've got a '72 CB350T that I'm just starting to work on. The teardown isn't even finished yet. I have to get the bike built this winter. I've got LOTS of work to do! I'm doing the school so I will have my racing license for next season. In the meantime, I've been crewing for a friend that's been racing a 350T and a 350F since last year. I'm renting one of the school's Ducatis for the class, so I don't have to worry about wrecking the SV before this season ends. (And how often will I get a chance to take a Duc. to a track, anyway?!) I hope to get in a few good fall rides, like heading to Albany in mid Sept. I hope we can get another SV ride in during foliage season!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a great winter (and then summer) project. Keep me in mind for any Fall rides you dream up.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Hey Brady, have fun. I wanted to go but got kinda busy. I'll try for that last Tonys in Oct.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts