Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I paid my city taxes this morning but that's because I like to hold out as long as I can. It's pretty much bull hooey that I pay income tax in both the city I work and the city I live (about 3.5% rate on top of federal and state).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Did Federal in February - got $1,200 back. Filed State yesterday - owed $16.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was leery about doing mine this year, I'm usually pretty good at estimating everything out ahead of time so I don't have much to owe or get back at the end of the year, but this year was screwy for me. I did them last night and was happily surprised to find out that Uncle Sam will be depositing a nice amount into my checking account in 8-10 business days and I only owed NY State $63...much less painful than I was anticipating...

Knowing that I overpaid now I'm a little ****** that I let them hold on to my money for so long.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Did mine in Jan. I got a little over $1000 from State and Fed combined. If it wasn't for claiming my mileage to travel to my AF Reserve duty, I would've only gotten ~$200 from the feds and owed ~$90 to the state.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
I thought I was done back in Feb., but it dawned on me Monday night I'm responsible for my mom's final returns. Had to cut the state a check for 145, Fed refund will eventually cover that and a little more.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Wifey and me owed about $8,000 !!!!

Don't cash out vacation hours (had almost 400hrs)... that's all I'm saying.

tk

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
My wife's academic job is making filing more and more painful every year. This year, income in 3 states, residence in two, and since we are living apart, NY doesn't permit e-file.
She gets grant/fellowship money from one or two places a year from archives/research institutes that is basically just enough to cover her travel / housing for visits to said archives. With "grant/ fellowship" income, you can only deduct money that goes toward books/tuition (and only as a student) so I recorded this income as "self- employment/ unincorporated business" income then deducted travel expenses (75% of it). I think maybe I'm going to have a professional do it next year.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Sent all my stuff to my accountant. (Yeah, we have a family accountant.) He usually does really well, getting me between 500-700 in refunds. This year however, he's swamped and hasn't started mine yet. So he had to file for an extension. :rolleyes: Yay.

Next year, I'm just gonna do them myself I think.

·
Registered
414 Posts
alway do them myself sent my own state and fed off today. (373 back from state, little over 2k from feds).

My 8 year old is an work in progress actor, and I had to file federal, NC, SC, LA, AND VA state taxes for him. whew! He does'nt get to claim himself(obviously) so they really rape him.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
what taxes

screw the government!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts