Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, new to claifornia and wondering if its illegal to ride on the tank here?

·
Registered
288 Posts
More likely than not, yes. If they want to ticket you they can give you driving with reckless abandonment, driving to endanger, whatever. Keep your head on your shoulders.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Your engine will explode. If you try any stunts whatsoever on the SV, your engine will explode.

In all seriousness, what explanation would a cop have if he did happen to pull you over while you were riding on the tank?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i compete on this bike, i over fill the oil a bit and have had no problems, circles, 12 o clocks, no problems and been stunting it for almost a year...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I just said that because that's what EVERYONE on this forum says when anyone mentions a wheelie.

Are you on a first gen or second gen SV? I'd love to be able to lift the front wheel up for about 100 feet or so... so far my longest was a whimpy power wheelie, maybe 3-6 inches off the ground. :(

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
why on earth would it ever be legal to ride on the tank? That's like asking it it's legal to ride on the hood of your car.. use your fing head for god sakes.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Maybe I'm just weird, but in nearly 25 years of riding, I've never had the desire to lift the front wheel of a street bike off the deck.

Dirt bikes, yes. Street bikes, no. Maybe it's because I know that asphalt is much more destructive to skin than dirt and grass.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why on earth would it ever be legal to ride on the tank? That's like asking it it's legal to ride on the hood of your car.. use your fing head for god sakes.
well NC cops never pulle dover or anything for it .......just woundering how CA was......thx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just said that because that's what EVERYONE on this forum says when anyone mentions a wheelie.

Are you on a first gen or second gen SV? I'd love to be able to lift the front wheel up for about 100 feet or so... so far my longest was a whimpy power wheelie, maybe 3-6 inches off the ground. :(
its an 02... i clutch up from 1st and its the best gear for circles and coasters (wheelie with clutch pulled) i have a hand brake system i use.....i have only 1 tooth down in front but i dont pull powers (THAT is how to blow a motor)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Im not going to flame you, I pull wheelies and stoppies sometimes too just for fun. But this forum is not the place to advertise it. People on here will REALLY flame you for it...

·
Registered
288 Posts
well NC cops never pulle dover or anything for it .......just woundering how CA was......thx

Whether they did or not is irrelevant, if they wanted to, they could have. That's pretty much how it's going to be everywhere. If they did give you a ticket, and you contested it in court, a judge would probably laugh at you and make you pay court costs. Keep the stunting in a parking lot, and you'll be clear of tickets (I think?).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im not going to flame you, I pull wheelies and stoppies sometimes too just for fun. But this forum is not the place to advertise it. People on here will REALLY flame you for it...
oh, that dude just asked.....anyway....no one likes stunting on here?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd recommend when you're riding on your tank, to carry a passenger with you on the handlebars, both of you should probably not wear helmets, all while conversing on your cell phone or surfing for new ringtones...probably the safest use of your sv...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd recommend when you're riding on your tank, to carry a passenger with you on the handlebars, both of you should probably not wear helmets, all while conversing on your cell phone or surfing for new ringtones...probably the safest use of your sv...
lol yea....its dented so it sits just about as low.....im just the stortest 16 yr old alive and i hate leaning over b/c it kills my back

·
Chief Greeter
28,637 Posts
hey, new to claifornia and wondering if its illegal to ride on the tank here?
Hi bnejamin, Welcome to SVR. You can ride like however you want but if a cop sees you, there's a good chance he'll pull you over. But he has to catch you first. ;)

There are some groups that like to stunt and stuff, have you looked for any local sportbike groups?

Have fun and ride safe.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts