Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I having issue with may tank, it's started to leak under the mount holder (what's holding the tank with two bolts , picture attached), what can I do to fix that?
Can I take this mount apart some how? (it's weld up)
Is there some seal material that recommended for this kind of cracks? I saw some on Youtube, but I don't know if it's going to work for it...

any suggesting how can I fix that?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you take the tnak off to weld it, it would need to be super cleaned so fumes do not ignite. You could try JB weld. They have a compound for metal fuel tanks.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
If you take the tnak off to weld it, it would need to be super cleaned so fumes do not ignite. You could try JB weld. They have a compound for metal fuel tanks.
Guys I know would empty it of gas, then fill it with water and then drain it. No more fumes.

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
Guy I knew would drain it and let it sit in the sun a while, then put an air hose inside for a while. He may have left the air hose running slightly as he was welding, but it would mess with the shielding gas if there was a large crack or too much flow.

Either way, professional welding would be the best solution, but you'll need to touch-up the paint afterward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts