Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been repainting and making a 03N mine for the last 3 months. I just finally got her all back together, filled her up, threw the battery in and now I'm getting the flashing FI warning accompanied by the flashing red light. I researched and see that this indicates an error code of some sort that prevents the bike from starting. I read there's a way to jump some wires to get into dealer mode and find out what the codes are. I'm going on vacation for a week though tomorrow so I figured I'd just order the dealer mode switch from ebay so it'll be here when I get back. In doing my research though, I recall someone alluding to the fact, that this is common if a tank has been empty or off a bike for a long time. Is there an easy fix out there for this that I may be able to try?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I actually had the same issue with my bike aswell when I was painting it. Does the fuel pump try to prime when you turn the key? If it does but sounds funny, Keep turning the key off and on. If that doesnt work, try disconnecting the power wire and even the fuel line to the pump and plugging them back in. Also make sure you didn't miss any wires you may have disconnected on accident. I remember just fiddling around with my key for about 5 minutes, she started right up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts