Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be a stupid question..

but if a tank cover is on for a long time,does it cause any scratches/rub marks/dulling of paint?I want one for my SV but dont want to dull up my $250 tank..i know my sister had a bra thing on her camaro,and under it looked like crap 'cause it was on so long.

stupid question? :-[

·
Registered
397 Posts
randomSV650 said:
but if a tank cover is on for a long time,does it cause any scratches/rub marks/dulling of paint?
Damage is usually caused by dirt and moisture that gets under it when left on for a long time.

·
Registered
830 Posts
randomSV650 said:
this may be a stupid question..

but if a tank cover is on for a long time,does it cause any scratches/rub marks/dulling of paint?I want one for my SV but dont want to dull up my $250 tank..i know my sister had a bra thing on her camaro,and under it looked like crap 'cause it was on so long.

stupid question? :-[
I have a leather tank bra that i put on for the winter. makes a HUGE difference in keeping your legs warm and insulated from the freezing gas. It's been on for a few years i guess since '99 when my bike was born. it hasn't scratched the tank at all, or dulled it, in fact it PREVENTS dulling from teh UV rays of the sun. however, this is not a good thing, as now the non-protected-by-the-bra part of the tank is a little duller in color than the protected part. it's subtle, but its there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts