Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a tankbag for my non S Sv650. i been looking a the joe rocket "manta" bag. but id kinda like one w/ the map pouch. but i dont want anything too large for every day use. i just need something big enough to hold cell phone, camera, extra pack of smokes, maybe a bottle of water or mt dew...all the crap you dont think ya need ya know :p
and maybe a shoulder strap so i can carry it into a store or something.

any suggestions?

also found this in a search. id really like that as a add on for longer trips.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=14358&department=668&division=6#

thanks

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I bought the Fieldsheer Eiffel and it has proved to be very versatile and funtional. Magnetic, two stages, expandible, map holders on the tops of each layer. tons of outer pockets. hold a laptop in the main case easily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up Nelson-Rigg Magnetic Mini Tank Bag from Dennis Kirk. It's inexpensive, fits my Naked well. Magnets hold great....

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
larphead said:

any suggestions?

also found this in a search. id really like that as a add on for longer trips.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=14358&department=668&division=6#

thanks
Cortech Mini Tankbag. Which is a misnomer, it's big enough to hold every thing you listed and some more junk, er stuff.

The Sport Set you linked to is best thing since sliced bread. Use the tailbag as a daily commuter and the saddles for weekend trips.
Do a search for "Cortech saddlebags" and you'll get a lot of positive reviews. Only issues are High mount slip-ons and some fender eliminators remove your mounting points.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My favorite is the Tourmaster expandable magnetic. I like the way it expands in the front only. I wish the zipper was more heavy duty as with all the crap I haul around in mine I ed up breaking the zipper after 2 or three years of constant use. But I am willing to live with that replacnement schedule because the size and functioning is just what I'm looking for and haven't found in any other bag.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i have used the tank bag jimmie posted a pic of for the last two years. i use it so much that the black is starting to fade. never an issue with scratching the tank and has plenty of room without being one of those huge bags that blocks your view of the gauges.

it holds all i need for a day trip. camera, water or gatorade, snacks, cell and a few other small things.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here's what my wife uses on her SV. So far no problems with any of it. It's the Nelson Rigg mini tank bag, and the Nelson Rigg basic expanable saddlebags.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks for the comments and feedback guys.

i think im gonna get that tankbag that Jimmie posted. i found some dimensions on it (13"L x 9"W x 5"-9"H) and i think it might be exactly what im looking for (i made my wife operate the tape measure while i sat on the bike ;) ) plus its reasonbly priced.

the tailbag/saddlebag combo will defiantly be next year before i head to the mountians for a fishing trip. ill probaly get them as a birthday present to myself ;D.

·
Registered
198 Posts
sargent super bag

it's a little expensive, but i think it's the best money can buy. very durable/waterproof material, gigantor space without feeling bulky, and very modular. you can hook it to the sargent tank bra (they call it the metro) or use magnets. when youre not using it and prefer something smaller, a fanny-pack sized tote can snap onto the tank bra instead of the superbag. comes with a highpowered flashlight and a clear sheet for maps that you can use with or without the bag. super crazy cool bag. but again, expensive.

(i own this one and wouldnt trade it for anything.)

happy shopping :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the Nelson Rigg that Jimmie Posted. It seems to be a great bag for the price well made and i have had no problems with it. I have about 3000 miles with it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i have a small cortech tank bag. no pics and i don't know the model name. i picked it up at my local dealer.

the bag i have attaches via straps. i have no problems with the strap system vs. magnets.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
this is the bag magpietear has (the reason I know is 'cause I sold it to him ;)):
http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_cortech_super_mini_magnetic_tank_bag_page.htm

nice sporty look, well constructed, relatively small but can hold plenty of little stuff like you are talking about.

it's a nice bag, and I liked the convenience of having a little bag I could pop on and off the bike, but I just couldnt get used to having the thing sitting there on the tank in front of me...it just bugged me.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If you plan to sport tour, be sure to pay attention to the map pocket on the tank. You want one as big as possible. I have an older Eclipse which I like except for the too small map pocket.

I have Givi (soft) sport bags which are one of the better looking (IMO) soft bags on the market for the SV.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I picked up a Manta and think it's great for around town use. I can fit a bottle of water, cap, cell, wallet, and a few other misc. things in it no problem. Not good for touring, but that's not what its intended for. It also came with rain guard and a shoulder strap. The other thing that is nice is all the magnet flaps fold into it. I like it a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts