Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

TALL seat cowls??

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Woody106 
#1 ·
My search didn't help much. I was wondering if anybody made the TALL solo seat cowls sort of like what you see on TLR's and the 'Busa's. If not one that latches in place of the stock seat, then where could i get a whole new tail section with the big hump?
A guy with a tiller just took off all his plastic and made it into a badass streetfighter. the high cowl makes it look so aggresive, especially with it being naked.

this is a 1st gen bike.

#6 ·

AirTech cowling. The bad part is that they changed the design so that you have to attach it with Dzus fasteners or duct tape or something. I got one of the early models that incorporates the passenger seat's hardware. You might try calling AirTech and raising the issue with 'em, if nothing else let 'em know they're losing sales over a poor decision.

Bill

#7 ·
seat cowls

Pyramid out of the UK makes a taller cowl. Don't know if it's as tall as a TLR or 'Busa, but it's defintely taller than the OE. You can order from their website and they are also available through another distributor stateside but their name eacapes me at the moment.

#13 ·
Heres what I did, buy a salvage rear seat and stack the seat foams two high, get a piece of seat vynil to color match your bike, staple it on and VIOLA, you have a double high cowling that can still be used as a seat and latches on normally.....good luck

#14 ·
OR... buy the air tech cowl, buy a used rear seat, pull off the stock mounting hardware and find some way to attach the hardware to the cowl...

I actually wanted the same thing, the high "busa" type cowl, I have played with fibergalss before, and thought how hard can it be... LOL... let's just say i haven't done it yet :D

#15 ·
jkayner said:
OR... buy the air tech cowl, buy a used rear seat, pull off the stock mounting hardware and find some way to attach the hardware to the cowl...

I actually wanted the same thing, the high "busa" type cowl, I have played with fibergalss before, and thought how hard can it be... LOL... let's just say i haven't done it yet :D
I do fiberglass work, is this something alot of people would actually be interested in? Also I think I have the ability to cast the latching mechanisms into it, at least with the second gens. I would have to see the underside of the first gens to see if I could do it. Let me know if this is something that alot of you are interested in, and I might be able to fabricate something up over the winter. Also how tall are you talking? Please do let me know if this is a serious request or just a thought.... Production of these on my part would be quite expensive and time consuming. It could cost as much as an OEM seat cowl if not slightly more for the buyer.

#19 ·
Paul C said:
Woody106- I would be interested
It looks like you have a second gen, right?
I am actually getting ready to start fabricating one for mine. I figure I have some time to do it since my engine isnt in my bike..... long story....
I dont know how high I am gonna make it. Maybe an inch or two higher than the stock rear seat, maybe higher than that, maybe not. Any suggestions? It would be nice to have them done by the rally, not sure if it will happen or not.

Woody

#20 ·
Woody106 said:
I am actually getting ready to start fabricating one for mine. I figure I have some time to do it since my engine isnt in my bike..... long story....
I dont know how high I am gonna make it. Maybe an inch or two higher than the stock rear seat, maybe higher than that, maybe not. Any suggestions? It would be nice to have them done by the rally, not sure if it will happen or not.

Woody
i would be up for one 1" or 2 is cool, maybe something like this maybe
or something that fit the lines a little better ?

#22 ·
Woody106 said:
Yeah, I have a K5 with the OEM cowl. Something like a Pyramid, maybe with a center humpy to more match the 2nd generation. have a look at the ROCA for an idea. Possible to make the front mount adjustable? The back could be adjusted with rubber strips on the tongue. The Suzuli cowl has a pretty sizable gap around it, lets in lots of water & dust.

#23 ·
Paul C said:
Yeah, I have a K5 with the OEM cowl. Something like a Pyramid, maybe with a center humpy to more match the 2nd generation. have a look at the ROCA for an idea. Possible to make the front mount adjustable? The back could be adjusted with rubber strips on the tongue. The Suzuli cowl has a pretty sizable gap around it, lets in lots of water & dust.
I am unsure which ones you are talking about, please post a link or a pic, thanks.

Woody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.