Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just picked up an '03 SV650S and am looking to get into some gear as well. Have a Shoei RF1100, now looking at jackets. I'm 6'2.5, 185 lbs, and am having trouble finding jackets that fit. I looked at two today.

The Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0, Medium Tall, was a near perfect fit. Long in the body, seemingly right arm length. But, the padding/quality on that jacket doesn't seem great. Safety is a big issue (the main one really), and I'd rather get a textile than a mesh jacket, but JR doesn't seem to make any in tall sizes.

I also looked at a Dainese Air-Frame jacket. I tried a 56, and it seemed to fit very well. It's expensive, but not too terrible on Revzilla. The quality seemed much higher, both in the construction and the armor. Again, I'd prefer textile, so I'm looking at the Avro or Aspide (or Portland) textile jackets, and they also seem to offer more protection.

My main qualm with the Dainese was the length in the body. The sleeves seemed fine, but I'm not too sure where it is meant to hit around my waist - it seemed to end on the sides at my belt, which feels like an inch or two too low.

I'm also likely going to be getting pants sometime soon, likely by late August or something like that. Annoying thing is Dainese jackets seem to only accept Dainese pants.

Any advice? I may order one of the Dainese ones off of revzilla and then take and post some pics to get some of your opinions.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am 6'1" and 185, I wear a large in jackets. Currently using the Alpinestars RC1 Air Flo. It fits me just fine(okay I don't have wide shoulders so it took me a while to get the shoulder pads adjusted just right).

Dainese is pretty good stuff but you will pay for it. I love everything A-star minus their gloves. Lot's of bad reviews on their gloves.

Good choice on the RF-1100.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts