Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

taking a trip

738 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Hi-T 
G
#1 ·
Okay so I am going to be taking my first big trip next month. Starting from park city, Ut going out to Santa Cruz, CA. What I am trying to find out is where I can get reliable info for road conditions, weather, rest/gas stops, etc.
the last time I took a trip to vegas last year I ended up getting soaked almost the whole time I was back in Utah. It sucked but it wasn't too bad. The wind was the worst though. I had to pull over on the left side of the road under an overpass and sit it out for like an hour. I am trying to find out if I am going to be passing through any high wind areas because if that is the case I would want to find detours.
Anyhow thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Just noticed your post....

Weather in Utah has been HOT and DRY. Ususally between 95 to 105 in the afternoons. We've had a few afternoon thunderstorms in the last two months.

Roads have been fine- can't think of anything unusual. There have closed the freeway once or twice in the South end of the state because of wild fires.

Enjoy the ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.