Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SV1000S has a Holeshot high mount exhaust, and so most of the saddle bags I see won't work. I have at least one trip to the beach in N.C. planned this summer (and hopfully one more to the SV Rally =]) so I'm looking into tank and tail bags, but I'd like the opinions of my SV brethren to see what fits well and what doesn't before I buy anything. I already have a good Eddie Bauer hiking backpack (with straps across my chest, etc.) that I've ridden with before and was plenty sturdy, but I won't be able to fit everything in it.

All input is appreciated!

·
Registered
41 Posts
http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/...it/recon_19_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

I have heard LOADS of great feedback on this pack, and I am going to be picking one up. The shape looks good and fits nicely only the bike, it has the clear window for maps, a rain cover, and fits a hydration pack. I know a few guys who have it and I was impressed with how everything (zippers and pockers) were laid out so logically.

If you are still looking at the end of May, my bike will be insured and the Recon 19 will be on it so I can provide personal experiences. But my previous tank bags were the expandable type, and I really don't like those. Great for volume, but a bit of a pain when riding or walking around when expanded.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah man, I'm not going anywhere until the SV Rally at the VERY earliest, and I'm not sure I will be able to make that work due to a lack of funds. However, I definitely plan on heading down to the beach in N.C. this July with my family to spend a few days with them. Keep me posted!!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts