Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bike i just got was a former track bike. it had no rear seat, gauges and nothing under the tail (turn signals or licence plate mount). the guy gave me a plate mount to a honda by accident. there are three wires with little square plugs (one white, one gray, and one black) at the front of the rear seat. what are these supposed to go to?

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
one is left turn, one is right turn and the other is the tag light.

i forgot exactly which is which. im pretty sure the white one is the tag light. to check them, you can either plug the lights in, start playing with the switches and ign key(for the tag light), or use a test light and turn a signal on and poke each one and figure out which is which.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thats what i figured, but my issue is, i have nothing. no rear turn signals, or even what plugs into the harness. son of a buck. this is going to be a horrible project.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
shouldnt be too bad. you can probably source the connectors from someone converting their bike from street to track, and then whatever lights you choose.

or, you dont even absolutely need the connectors. just cut the connectors from the harness(figure out which is which first, though) and just splice the wires or even splice in your own connectors.

simple electrical like this isnt black magic or anything ;D:eek:ccasion14:

EDIT--also, just to make sure, is there a more flat, white conector? i think like two, maybe three wires? thats for the actual tail light assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts